1536 Wynkoop St.
Looking to join a dynamic team that works daily to create a sustainable future? Do you value innovation, collaboration, and thrive in a fast paced, team oriented work place? If you want to be part of something bigger, part of something that is making a measurable difference in the world, this might be the right place for you.
The Alliance Center is helping to create a world where our planet is healthy, our economy thrives, our communities are inclusive, and our democracy is strong. As a Programs Manager, you will play a crucial role in supporting this vision through work in three programmatic impact areas: Environment, Economy, and Communities.
Reporting to the Director of Programs, the Programs Manager is responsible for development and implementation of local and statewide initiatives aimed at decreasing GHG emissions, increasing the number of environmentally and socially responsible businesses, and diversifying the sustainability movement in Colorado. This is a one-year temporary position with the potential to become permanent. During the first year, the Programs Manager will be tasked with implementing the Best for Colorado Program under The Alliance Center with the goal of increasing engagement levels from the business community, identifying areas where businesses can make a difference in our environment, our economies and our communities, and providing timely resources and tools. The Programs Manager will also co-develop and support the implementation of Community and Environmental initiatives aimed at engaging under-represented populations and addressing issues around diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of work experience
- Proven track record of managing projects and leading collaborative/multi-stakeholder efforts
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; Spanish language a plus
- Knowledge of corporate social responsibility
- Strategic and innovative thinker with ability to manage short-term and long-term plans
- Strong research skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks with excellent follow-through
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others within and outside the organization
- An understanding for concepts of sustainability, diversity, equity and inclusion
- Ability to plan, outline goals and milestones, monitor, analyze, consult and report on programs and services to make strategic decisions and increase funding opportunities.
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population and a variety of stakeholders and audiences; engage stakeholders in mutually beneficial and effective partnerships
- Experience with planning and executing events
- Excellent interpersonal skills – a cheerful attitude and a sense of humor is a must.
- Design and implement innovative, project based and standards based Best for Colorado Program that provides CO businesses opportunities to increase their positive impact in our economy, communities and environment
- Effectively engage over 200 businesses through the state of Colorado who have made a commitment to use their business for good by measuring and managing their social and environmental impact through Best for Colorado.
- Develop outreach initiatives to ensure that target business and communities are aware of The Alliance Center services and are recruited to engage in programs
- Engage in partnership development activities with key organizations and stakeholders
- Determine program priorities and track progress towards goals/objectives
- Develop metrics; evaluate program effectiveness to develop improved methods for program delivery and report out program impact
- Recruit and manage volunteers as needed to fulfill programmatic requirements
- Attend staff meetings, partnership development meetings, report on program progress and impact to Board members, funders, stakeholders, etc.
- Organize public and stakeholder events to create awareness of The Alliance Center programs, sustainability practices and topics and build capacity at the local level
- Work as a team player to support environmental and community initiatives, including but not limited to leading a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Working Group/Ambassadors Program, climate related research and events, community outreach, and other initiatives based on programmatic needs and goals.
This is a full-time salaried, exempt position for a full year with the potential to become permanent. Salary is commensurate with experience. The Alliance Center offers a competitive salary along with comprehensive health and wellness benefits and a progressive host of additional benefits including generous paid holidays, generous PTO, flexible work schedule and generous telecommuting policies.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish language is desirable but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume as email attachments by Aug 15, 2018 to be considered for this job. Please include “Programs Manager Application- YOUR NAME” on the email subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No calls, please.
The Alliance Center is committed to building an organization that celebrates diversity and embodies inclusivity. We encourage and desire applicants from all backgrounds, ethnicities and walks of life to join our team and help grow a more inclusive sustainability movement that truly serves all people.
The Alliance Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or genetics.