529 Main Street
Our Mission: The Federation for Children with Special Needs provides information, support, and assistance to parents of children with disabilities, their professional partners, and their communities. We are committed to listening to and learning from families, and encouraging full participation in community life by all people, especially those with disabilities.
Job Summary: Assist the Director of Information Technology with supporting FCSN staff operating in a Windows environment and WordPress Multisite platform. Working in a culturally diverse environment, this position provides IT/Help desk support, troubleshoots hardware/software issues and maintain and administer website content.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as first point of contact for staff, operating in a Windows environment (Windows 7, 10) and seeking assistance. Troubleshoot issues for a resolution in a timely manner and direct unresolved issues or complex matters to Director of IT.
- Provide website support for FSCN programs using WordPress Multisite Platform. Monitor and maintain content and recommend website enhancements, if any. May write functional requirement documents.
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders, as well as, with back-end developers and external vendors to improve usability.
- Remain abreast of emerging technologies and
- Follow-up, provide solutions and update staff and/or Director of IT on issues. Pass on feedback or suggestions.
- Attend Federation meetings, as required (staff meetings, staff professional development).
- Assist Director of Information Technology and perform other responsibilities, as assigned.
- BS or BA degree in IT, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with WordPress, Microsoft Cloud, MS Office and knowledge of website accessibility principles.
- Prior work experience point of contact and web developer.
- Knowledge of web development process (design, development and deployment) and an understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Ability to troubleshoot common hardware and software issues, work in a culturally diverse environment and function as a contributing team member
- Good verbal and written communication skills, time management and strong interpersonal skills, as well as an ability to work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines.
Prior experience using WordPress Multisite Content Management System, Web development process and
SEO principles/Google Analytics.
long term disability
short term disability
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter by mail to: Federation for Children with Special Needs (FCSN), Human Resources Dept, The Schrafft Center, 529 Main Street, Suite 1M3, Boston, MA 02129 or by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position and eligible for all benefits as determined by FCSN policies.
The Federation for Children with Special Needs (FCSN) embraces the diversity of our staff and is committed to increasing the diversity of our organization. As an Affirmative Action/EEO employer, FCSN is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status or designation. We also welcome parents of children with special needs or those with a disability to apply!