The Parkinson's Foundation (PF) makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, the Foundation builds on the energy, experience, and passion of the global Parkinson's community.
The Senior Vice President, Chief Development Officer (SVP/CDO) leads the fundraising activities of the Parkinson’s Foundation, the nation’s largest, most comprehensive, nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting people living with and affected by Parkinson’s disease. Through a series of mergers over the last several years, most notably the merger of the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation (New York) and the National Parkinson Foundation (Miami) in 2016, the Parkinson’s Foundation has experienced a period of tremendous growth. By the end of the current fiscal year (June 30, 2020), the Parkinson’s Foundation is projected to have annual operating revenues of nearly $40 million, nearly double the pre-merger level.
The SVP/CDO is expected to continue this growth by increasing revenue across all revenue streams in support of Parkinson’s care, research, patient education, professional training, and advocacy.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Ensure the achievement of the Foundation’s annual fundraising goal.
• Serve as chief architect of the Foundation's fundraising strategy and tactics.
• Oversee the management of the Development Department, including fundraising and operations staff, and all revenue streams.
• Develop the Development Department's annual budget, including revenue projections per revenue stream and expenses.
• Serve as a chief cultivation and solicitation strategist for the Foundation’s principal donors and prospects.
• Serve as a frontline fundraiser for a portfolio of high net worth prospects and donors.
• Serve as chief liaison to the Foundation's Development Committee, and prepare and deliver materials and presentation to the Development Committee and Board.
• Serves as a key member of the Foundation's Senior Leadership Team and as a key advisor to the CEO.
• Directly supervise a team of Development professionals overseeing the key functional areas of the Department.
• BA/BS degree required, MA or MBA preferred.
• 15 plus years of nonprofit fundraising experience, with increasing responsibilities and a focus on high net worth donors.
• Experience in disease-specific, healthcare, or voluntary health care fundraising.
• Experience managing fundraising activities at a regional or national level.
• Experience with grassroots and peer-to-peer fundraising (Walks/Runs).
• Experience working with Board committees.
• Strong organizational, leadership and mentoring skills.
• Flexible and adaptable style: a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising activities.
• Exceptional writing skills, especially for grant proposals, reports and related fundraising materials.
• Ability to travel frequently and nationally.
• Ability to communicate effectively to varied audiences.
The Parkinson's Foundation (PF) makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, the Foundation builds on the energy, experience, and passion of the global…
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “SVP & CDO” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “SVP & CDO” in the subject line…