The Development Assistant, Volunteer and Giving Operations is a key staff position within the Development Department, coordinating all of the logistics associated with volunteer and in-kind resources and ensuring the accurate and timely processing of donations and donor acknowledgments.
Contribution to Mission
Reporting to the Development Director, the Development Assistant is an essential position ensuring the quality donor interactions and providing general support to Development Department activities to grow the community of support and maximize resources available to serve POTS’ mission.
- Receiving, processing, tracking and acknowledging donations.
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
- Continually update and correct database records.
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation and individual donors.
- Coordinate productions and mailing of yearly solicitations.
- Send appropriate documentation to process matching gift credits to donors.
- Answer donor questions regarding tax credit, matching gift and similar programs.
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fund-raising events.
- Handle all administrative details associated with the Development Team and Committee meetings (i.e. prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, etc.).
- Prepare media materials for distribution. (i.e. copying, filing, mailing, e-mailing)
- Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings.
- Respond to routine email and telephone inquiries from individuals seeking to host drives. Funnel major drives or special interest volunteer groups to other appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a nonprofit development department
- Highly attentive to detail and organized
- Ability to communicate effectively and customer service experience
- Flexible, adaptable, team player, and hardworking and results oriented
- Strong functional knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Understanding of DonorPro or other CRM software
- Working evening and weekend hours as needed
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Development Assistant.” The cover letter must include a description of the applicant's qualifications and salary requirements.