Details: Starting Salary: $42K with Master’s degree, $45K with MSW degree
425 W. 47th Street
Fountain House, a world-renowned community mental health organization, successfully addresses the devastating impact of serious mental illness. Founded in New York City in 1948 with the belief that people living with mental illness can be active participants in their own and each other’s recovery. Each year, over 1,300 members come to Fountain House to contribute their talents, learn new skills, access opportunities and forge new friendships.
Fountain House creates a culture that transforms lives. Our members, in partnership with staff, operate employment, education, housing and wellness programs. They perform all activities, including advocacy, administrative support, building maintenance and food preparation that keep our community going. Members hold jobs, graduate from schools, develop social networks and experience fewer hospitalizations and improved overall health. Increased fulfillment, sense of purpose, and stability inevitably follow.
Fountain House has inspired the creation of hundreds of similar programs in 34 countries that serve more than 100,000 people annually. In 2014, the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation recognized our global reach and the efficacy of our evidence-based model with the prestigious Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize.
Fountain House provides professional development opportunities and promotes from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires personal growth and development.
Position: Social Practitioner
Reports To: Unit Leader
Fountain House is looking for creative, dynamic and community-focused individuals to provide direct support to adults with serious mental illness in an innovative community-based program. For nearly seventy years, Fountain House has used a person-in-environment approach to create working communities that help individuals with mental illness to successfully manage their recovery. Candidates would join a team of five staff and approximately thirty individuals with mental illness to create a holistic community of recovery that follows our evidence-based model.
· Case management.
· Individual vocational supports.
· Engage individuals in the Fountain House community as part of their rehabilitation.
· Use the community to design positive interventions to deal with common barriers such as social isolation, poor self-esteem, anxiety, symptom management and poverty.
· Work in a team environment.
· Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
· Master’s degree required.
· Positive, dynamic and engaging personality.
· Flexibility, as demonstrated by interchangeability with other staff on the unit, staying late or arriving early, if necessary to fulfill unit or member needs.
· Must be able to work Monday - Friday: 9AM to 5PM and occasionally work on evenings and weekends.
· Working knowledge of mental illness.
· Experience working in a community setting.
· Non-clinical, community approach.
· Driver's License preferred.
· Bi-lingual preferred.
1. Paid Time Off and Ten (10) Paid Holidays
2. Paid Bereavement Leave
3. Medical, dental and vision plans (contribution towards premium required)
4. Life Insurance
5. Voluntary Life Insurance
6. Whole Life Insurance
7. Short-Term Disability
8. Long-Term Disability
9. Supplemental Disability
10. Workers’ Compensation
11. Tuition Assistance
12. Retirement Plan
13. Tax Deferred Annuity
14. Flexible Spending Accounts
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must view website at www.fountainhouse.org. If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS. EEO