Details: Competitive Salary
BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences. We have 34 locations throughout the borough providing a variety of programs that offer assistance in the areas of family, children and youth support, educational services, elder care, homelessness, mental health and workforce development. We are an employer of choice for anyone interested in a meaningful career in the social services field.
BronxWorks is hiring 1 Program Specialist for the Positive Living Department.
The Program Specialist with the Targeted Prevention and Supportive Services contract works with people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWH/A) and people who are at high risk for contracting HIV, sexually transmitted illnesses (STI’s) and Hepatitis C, including people engaging in high risk sexual behavior and intravenous drug users. Responsibilities include assessing for risks, and based on risks helping people connect to testing and treatment when needed. The Program Specialist would also provide individual sessions to address risk of the particular individual. While previous experience in conducting rapid HIV and rapid Hepatitis C testing is preferred, training would be offered to conduct these tests. Training would also be offered in evidence-based interventions provided under the contract. The Program Specialist is responsible for entering services provided into the computer-based system, AIRS.
- Prefer at least one year of experience working with people living with HIV/AIDS. Prefer one year of experience doing HIV rapid testing and Hepatitis C rapid testing, although training will be provided.
- B.A. required
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
Advanced-level professional competency in written and spoken English language is required. Authorization to work in the United States for any employer is mandatory.
BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round.
- Generous paid time off for personal, vacation, parental, and medical leave
- 12 paid holidays.
- Comprehensive medical, and life insurance coverage care for employees and their families, at little or no cost to employees.
- A pension plan that is 100% employer paid
- Two tax deferred annuity plans and employee assistance in maximizing the pension plan and tax deferred annuity plans to prepare for retirement.
- TransitChek – Employees may use TransitChek to have money taken out of their pretax salaries to pay for their public transportation commute.
- Free and confidential assessment, counseling, and referral service, to assist employees and their families with a wide range of personal problems.
Additionally, BronxWorks offers:
- A comprehensive monthly training calendar
- Access to some scholarship opportunities
- Non-financial support and internship opportunities for employees who return to school, particularly for their Master of Social Work degrees
BronxWorks seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity, and in accordance with federal, state and local laws, does not discriminate unlawfully against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin (including ancestry), predisposing genetic characteristic, race, sex, gender, actual or perceived sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality), status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law. This commitment applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and employee development, placement, promotion, demotion, upgrading, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
Minimum Education Required