2348 Waterbury Avenue
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Sapna NYC’s mission is to transform the lives of South Asian immigrant women by improving physical and mental health, expanding economic opportunities and building a collective voice for change.
Sapna NYC has a history of developing innovative, highly effective, and culturally competent health programs for South Asian women. Our health portfolio includes innovative diabetes prevention, lead poisoning awareness and prevention, depression treatment, breast cancer screening, and child health interventions. With the help of research partners at Albert Einstein college of Medicine, Montefiore, the Department of and others, we design programs based on current scientific evidence and conduct state of the art evaluations of these programs.
Our Empowerment and Advocacy is integral to Sapna NYC’s mission. Programs include a Workers’ Cooperative, a community led advocacy project, an extensive ESOL program, classes on citizenship exams and learner permit exams, young women’s groups, fitness programs and many more. For more information on Sapna NYC, please visit our website at www.sapnanyc.org.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Assistant Managing Director will work on essential internal leadership activities for the organization. This position reports to the Managing Director and is a key member of the management team which includes the ED and the Managing Director. The Assistant Managing Director will assist in supervising staff and communicating with donors, funders, and partners. We are looking for a creative, independent individual who is also a strong team player. Responsibilities include:
· Work with our bookkeepers to ensure accurate, timely financial reporting
· Manage petty cash and other day-to-day office financial activities
· Support Managing Director with organizational and program budget management and analysis
Project Development and Management
· Work with the ED and Managing Director to implement project objectives, goals and timelines
· Work with management team on curriculum planning and implementation
· Support Managing Director by helping to assess program quality
· Assist with staff training
· Work with management team to conceptualize and design new programs in keeping with our mission, strategic plan, and budget
Marketing and Communications
· Work with management and board on conceptualizing marketing/communications strategy
· Maintain marketing and communications timeline, including email communications, social media, newsletters, and website updates
· Work with management to plan and implement events, conferences and Sapna’s annual Gala
· Create marketing materials using Sapna’s style guide and in keeping with our overall marketing plan
· Monitor and adapt marketing and communications activities
Support for Funding Initiatives and Donor management
· Work with the management team to conceptualize new grants and projects, as well as assist with grant writing
· Oversee donor management activities using Salesforce, Mail Chimp, and other strategies with guidance from the management team
· Work closely with Managing Director to assure compliance with contracts and other legal documents
· Manage the ongoing maintenance and updating of information systems and infrastructure
· Manage smooth daily operations of physical plant and equipment
· Supervise an office assistant
· Assist the Managing Director in providing strong day to day leadership and support to staff
Human Resources Management
· Work to ensure successful personnel resources and development. This includes recruitment, record-keeping, payroll processing, troubleshooting of personnel concerns, helping to organize evaluations, facilitating professional development opportunities, and building additional human resources policies and programs.
· Work to ensure successful intern and volunteer recruitment and experiences. This includes posting for internships, crafting descriptions, setting up interviews, informing applicants, organizing orientations, collecting reports, and follow-up as needed.
· Interface with Board of Directors, as directed by ED and Managing Director
· Represent the organization by attending external meetings and interfacing with partners
· Other duties as assigned by the ED and Managing Director
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· 2-3+ years of professional work experience. Management and non-profit experience preferred.
· Experience in some of our key issue areas a plus, such as community organizing, women’s empowerment, social justice, public health, research and health education.
· Familiarity with human resources, organizational development, project development and finance work.
· Significant and demonstrated success in a range of development activities, including major gifts solicitation and management, event planning, and direct mail campaign coordination.
· Excellent public speaking skills and leadership qualities.
· Experience with communications, marketing and social media.
· Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
· Significant and demonstrable evidence of strong written and oral communications skills, as well as experience in budget development and financial reporting.
· Passion for social justice and Sapna’s mission
· Fluency in one or more South Asian languages preferred but not required, especially Bengali, Hindi and/or Urdu.
COMPENSATION: Sapna NYC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience and within the parameters of the Sapna NYC compensation scale.
Please send cover letter, resume, a relevant writing sample or publication, and three references electronically to email@example.com.
This is a salaried (exempt) position.
Sapna NYC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience and within the parameters of the Sapna NYC compensation scale.
This is a salaried (exempt) position.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in one or more South Asian languages preferred but not required, especially Bengali, Hindi and/or Urdu.
Minimum Education Required