We're looking for the usual things: a versatile self-starter with a strong intellect and initiative, total reliability, and top-flight communication skills. Time management and tenacity are essential. But we're also looking for much more: a willingness to work and think hard, commitment to the team, practical perfectionism, a sense of humor, and eagerness to chart unfamiliar territory.
The successful candidate will understand our stakeholders’ needs and enable our team to translate them into communications tactics. We're looking for the ability to structure and manage multiple workstreams while maintaining the integrity of the overarching strategy, integrating internal
reviews and ensure the quality of deliverables across engagements. This position reports to Auto Care Association’s Senior Director, Communications and will partner across teams to enable the development and execution of various association programs that inspire and engage our members.
You are a fit for this position if you:
- Have solid cross-disciplinary project management skills effectively managing multiple assignments with many moving parts and workstreams, including creative, web, communications and social/digital projects.
- Are agile and thrive while working on rapidly evolving initiatives with changing timelines, complex
- deliverables, and many levels of approval for messages and materials.
- Possess creative and analytical thinking skills to anticipate, identify, and analyze project opportunities (and threats).
- Can anticipate cross-disciplinary resources and requirements of projects.
- Embody a positive and energetic attitude with a strong desire to meet goals and commitments.
- Are savvy and nimble with project management tools and techniques, and confident in enforcing and following-through across multiple teams and individuals.
- Aren’t afraid to solve problems and drive change.
- Have the personality and style that earns you the nickname Swiss Army Knife or MacGyver.
In this position you can expect to:
- Act as liaison between internal and external project stakeholders, remaining in constant contact with all parties at all times.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels to manage expectations, set and manage timelines, drive for results, and provide transparency around brand deliverables.
- Support all stakeholders and optimize their use of project management platform(s) by conducting training workshops and ensuring all processes and projects are properly documented.
- Serve as point of contact for information, requests, and needs regarding all aspects of all projects, and maintain regular communication/updates to project stakeholders.
- Streamline all requests for creation of branded content; communicate and enforce production deadlines to teams.
- Contribute to and review the project proposal or plan to determine timeframe, budget estimates and implications, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
- Monitor for variances in scope that may impact workflows, and continually reassess/reassign projects to appropriate individuals.
- Develop and regularly maintain status reports of projects that can be shared internally and externally.
- Create, track and update timetables and project plans, maintaining constant contact and communication with all affected parties.
- Improvise and problem solve your way through many projects, but your superpower will be your ability to manage high volume digital asset production, and improve the systems involved with
- that process.
- Collaborate with other project managers to achieve company-wide goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising/Communications, Marketing, Business or related field a plus
- 2-4 years of experience leading projects
- CAPM or PMP preferred
- Excellent oral, written, problem-solving, and presentation communication skills are critical.
- Position requires an extremely organized, assertive and detail-oriented individual who is capable of
- self-managing, multi-tasking and influencing across all levels in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Knowledge of Asana or similar project management tool
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 Apps and Services
- Automotive experience or passion a plus
The Auto Care Association is the voice for the auto care industry—a coast-to-coast network of 500,000 independent manufacturers, distributors, parts stores and repair shops offering quality, choice and innovation for drivers. The Auto Care Association keeps its members ahead of the curve so they can continue to serve every kind of vehicle on the road today—providing parts and services designed to make vehicles last longer, perform better and keep drivers safer.