- Maintain, controls, analyzes, and prepares reports on the organization's restricted grants and contracts from State, City, and private sources and prepares budgets for all restricted grant and contract proposals.
- Enter grant and contract budgets on the accounting software system and verifies their accuracy.
- Reviews grant and contract invoices and payroll allocations to ensure that they are allowable within the constraints of each grant or contract line budget and prepares appropriate reimbursement claims or reports.
- On a monthly basis, generates internal reports of budget to actual for project management.
- Reconciles claims to the books to ensure that they are in mutual agreement. Prepares grant or contract budget modifications as necessary.
- Develop and present complex analysis, working collaboratively with colleagues and senior leadership.
- Recommend enhancements to planning and resource allocation processes to support values of transparency and accountability, and effective senior management decision-making.
- Develops relationship with funding agencies and follows up on discrepancies and procedures. Assist on monthly ending journal entries.
- Maintains liaison with agency and contract auditors and resolves audit issues. Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in business or related field and one-year experience in nonprofit budgeting, budget analysis and contract claim preparation.
- Must be well organized, have strong analytical skills, and have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have high level of attention to detail and accuracy, but able to meet deadlines. Experience with Fund-EZ accounting software would be a plus.
Salary: 40,000 to 45,000
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply:
Send cover letter and resume to Daisy Navarrete at firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Budget Analyst” in the subject line
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity