Responsible for coordinating and providing intensive, trauma-informed supportive services to participants enrolled in WERC’s workforce development programs. Participants will include Transition Aged Youth, justice-involved individuals, homeless or formerly homeless individuals, and others who are under-represented or have barriers to employment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts intake and assessment of potential workforce development program participants.
- Keeps and maintains a case load of up to 30 participants.
- Develops a case plan using a case management approach that includes one-on-one meetings, monitoring progress, and case notes.
- Represents WERC at community-based organization meetings.
- Assists with recruitment and oversight of mentors.
- Coordinates community activities such as service projects, volunteer events, and outreach events.
- Works closely with the manager to enhance the overall effectiveness of programs by assisting with job development, professional development, and job placement for program graduates.
- Assists with developing strong employment partnerships for program graduates.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of community and governmental services and resources as it relates to youth and young adults.
- Knowledge of basic principles of counseling, health promotion, disease prevention, and preventive health care.
- Knowledge of outreach program development, implementation and evaluation.
- Ability to employ proper interviewing techniques and methods with targeted population.
- Knowledge of social needs, problems, attitudes, and behavioral patterns of targeted population.
- Knowledge of community structures and dynamics as it relates to group facilitation.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities at once and meet assigned project deadlines.
- Ability to perform basic data entry through the use of appropriate computer and general office equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Benefits include full health through Kaiser (Platinum 10), Dental, and Vision, for you and your dependents, medical bridge insurance, Life and disability insurance, access to pre-tax flexible spending accounts for both health care and dependent care expenses.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
No walk-ins or phone calls please.
For more information or to submit a resume, please contact Joe Ralston at WERC: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must have strong, appropriate references and be willing to take a livescan background check.