Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors
6 West 48th Street, 10th Floor
Who We Are
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA) is a nonprofit organization that currently advises on and manages more than $200 million in annual giving by individuals, families, corporations, and major foundations. Continuing the Rockefeller family's legacy of thoughtful, effective philanthropy, RPA remains at the forefront of philanthropic growth and innovation, with a diverse team led by experienced grantmakers with significant depth of knowledge across the spectrum of issue areas. Founded in 2002, RPA has grown into one of the world's largest philanthropic service organizations and, as a whole, has facilitated more than $3 billion in grantmaking to nearly 70 countries. RPA also serves as a fiscal sponsor for more than 25 projects, providing governance, management and operational infrastructure to support their charitable purposes. For more information, please go to www.rockpa.org.
Who We Seek
We seek an enthusiastic, self-starter that has passion for RPA’s mission and values, and a commitment to excellence. The individual will have solid experience in the philanthropic sector as well as a commitment to providing exceptional client service. The qualified candidate should demonstrate commitment to RPA’s values of integrity, diversity, quality and trust.
Based in our San Francisco office, the Senior Philanthropic Advisor advises individual donors, trusts, corporations, and foundations on their grantmaking and other philanthropic activities. He/she serves as executive director/program officer for all or parts of clients’ grantmaking portfolios, including researching areas of potential interest to donors, meeting with nonprofit organizations to conduct site visits, conducting due diligence on the financial and organizational health and management of potential grantees, making grant recommendations and evaluating reports and impact. The Senior Philanthropic Advisor plays an active role in business development as assigned. Responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain client relationships with major donors including creating, presenting and executing strategic plans, organization audits, mission, and values statements.
- Lead research and benchmarking initiatives in key philanthropic issues on behalf of donors.
- Facilitate philanthropy retreats and meetings of client grantmaking entities.
- Staff and represent clients in their philanthropic and civic activities.
- Lead philanthropic initiatives, collaboratives and other special projects as opportunities arise.
- Produce presentations, proposals and outreach efforts to prospective donors and their advisors.
- Develop and coordinate donor briefings, special events and educational convenings.
- Represent Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors at professional conferences, workshops and donor briefings.
- Maintain familiarity with procedures, regulation and best practices for major charitable giving vehicles.
- Provide oversight and guidance to administrative staff and consultants.
- Represent RPA throughout the nonprofit, philanthropic and business communities.
- Education: B.S./B.A. and graduate work or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years professional experience in the philanthropic field with increasing responsibility and proven effectiveness in working with grantmakers, grantseekers, and nonprofit organizations. Experience with personal, family and corporate philanthropy preferred. Consulting experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong relationship-building capacity.
- High-energy, entrepreneurial spirit with superior project management and business development aptitude.
- An understanding of the broad spectrum of private philanthropy, including trends in giving and key issues for individual, family, institutional and corporate donors.
- A demonstrated ability and interest in working independently, covering a wide range of issues and juggling multiple projects and clients simultaneously.
- The ability to work constructively and creatively as part of a team.
- Commitment to flexible, innovative approaches to philanthropy.
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, retirement benefits, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement and access to professional development resources.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications, which will be reviewed as received, must include a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, and your resume. Please Apply Here by May 31, 2018.
No telephone calls, please.