PO Box 385
Oliverian School is an alternative, college-preparatory boarding high school for bright adolescents who have not felt at home in traditional settings. Our supportive academic and student-life program helps students embrace their unique identity, purpose, and voice so that they can contribute to any situation and find their place the world.
The counseling department’s mission is to provide consistent and effective therapeutic support to students and their families. The counseling department serves to educate students, families, and staff as to the reality of mental health issues in order to reduce stigma and increase effective support. The ideal candidate is licensed or license ready in the state of NH, loves working with adolescents, has provided therapy in a school setting, is comfortable and experienced with a wide range and intensity of mental health issues, and has a demeanor that is warm, confident, and flexible.
Our therapists are deeply invested in our community and must be comfortable managing professional boundaries while engaging students and parents in a variety of settings and roles. Therapists at Oliverian report to the director of counseling.
· Meet weekly with each student on their case load and monitor weekly functioning of each student as it relates to social, emotional, and academic needs
· Advise the interdisciplinary team regarding a student’s psychosocial strategy, balancing the need for confidentiality and therapeutic trust with the need for an effective interdisciplinary circle of confidentiality
· Keep comprehensive documents related to student assessments, support plans, and weekly progress notes for each student
· Support colleagues with education and advice on issues related to adolescent mental health, family dynamics, and psychosocial development
· Participate on weekend rotations as respite staff
· Engage in weekly counseling supervision with their supervisor
· Engage in continued education efforts related to counseling best practices
· Develop and facilitate adolescent support or psycho-educational groups
· Complete mental health crisis assessments and interventions
· Participate enthusiastically in the life of the school community
· Other duties as assigned
If you are passionate about creating positive and supportive relationships with teens, please reach out to us!
Housing and meals provided.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Therapist" in the subject line. For additional information, please visit our website at www.oliverianschool.org.