Job Opening: Volunteer Matching and Engagement Coordinator - Highland Street AmeriCorps Ambassador of Mentoring
- Job posted by Boston Partners in Education
Full Time Temporary
44 Farnsworth Street
Volunteer Matching and Engagement Coordinator
Highland Street AmeriCorps Ambassador of Mentoring
Boston Partners in Education Project Description:
Boston Partners in Education (Boston Partners) is seeking an Americorps Ambassador of Mentoring to serve as a Volunteer Matching and Engagement Coordinator for 2018-2019. Boston Partners enhances the academic achievement and nurtures the growth of Boston's public school students by providing them with focused, individualized in-school volunteer support.
The Ambassador’s primary goals will be to help us refine our match support systems and strategically increase our volunteer engagement. Additionally, the Ambassador will continue to diversify and strengthen our community outreach and volunteer recruitment efforts, building on the work done by previous Ambassadors in 2016-2018.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interviewing and matching new potential volunteers.
- Reviewing and refining current match support systems and content, as part of our Match Support Team.
- Helping to build and implement a more robust system for volunteer engagement and ongoing training support.
- Build on the ongoing work of volunteer recruitment, community outreach, and community engagement.
AmeriCorps Ambassador of Mentoring Program Summary:
Twenty-Five AmeriCorps Ambassadors will complete a year of service from August 2018-June 2019. These members will be placed at one host site organization to build the capacity of youth mentoring programs and organizations in the areas of match support; marketing and mentor recruitment; mentor/mentee/parent training; and program development, evaluation and start up.
All Highland Street AmeriCorps Ambassadors of Mentoring will work on volunteer mentor recruitment efforts in their host organization as well as work with other Corps members to complete a statewide community service project that benefits the field of mentoring in Massachusetts. AmeriCorps Ambassadors will be supervised by their host organization and the Mass Mentoring Partnership AmeriCorps Program Manager.
General Program Qualifications
- BA/BS strongly preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience with and/or commitment to youth development, nonprofit organizations, and their development
- A passion for volunteerism and community service
- The desire to work with diverse people, organizations and communities
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Some experience with marketing – material design, blogging and social media preferred
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Interest in nonprofit organizations and their development
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proven leadership and project management abilities
- Flexibility, adaptability, a positive attitude, and a good sense of humor
- Knowledge of Boston Public Schools and/or community organizations in the Boston area is a plus
AmeriCorps is a national community service program that gives people an opportunity to apply their skills and ideals towards helping others and meeting critical needs in the community. The Highland Street AmeriCorps Ambassadors of Mentoring is an AmeriCorps Program where members serve in mentoring programs across Massachusetts.
- A $5920 educational award upon completion of service
- A stipend totaling approximately $14,000 over the course of the service year delivered bi-weekly
- Graduate certificate in Youth Development from Boston University
- Additional transportation reimbursement for qualifying members
- 250+ hours of professional training and networking opportunities in the mentoring field and the non-profit sector
- Free health care coverage
- Loan deferment and interest accrual payment for qualifying loans upon completion of service
- A nation-wide Alumni network
- A built-in network of AmeriCorps members and colleagues - with the potential to make lifelong friends!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please fill out the online form and select “Boston Partners in Education” as your host site. All applicants are required to submit a resume, cover letter, and three references.