Details: Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and skills for the position.
445 Sherman Avenue
We are looking for an energetic Administrative Assistant to join our growing team and directly contribute to the mission of QuestBridge. This position is responsible for ensuring efficient and smooth office operations, as well as assisting with office-wide programs and projects. Reporting to the Manager of HR & Administration, this individual will interact with all functions in the organization and will be eager to learn and look for ways to improve processes.
QuestBridge is a national nonprofit program that connects outstanding low-income students with educational opportunities that can change their lives, as well as the demographics of our nation’s leading educational institutions. Additional information on QuestBridge can be found at www.questbridge.org .
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain a welcoming office environment that is comfortable, professional, and fun.
- Welcome and assist visitors; receive incoming deliveries.
- Support job candidates and new employees through hiring and onboarding process.
- Plan and coordinate events, including staff lunches, meetings, and other special events.
- Coordinate and/or respond to staff requests, inquiries, and concerns related to HR and office.
- Facilitate vendor communications and relations, including service calls and troubleshooting.
- Proactively maintain/stock office supplies and snacks; research and recommend special order items.
- Update and maintain office and employee forms, documents, and spreadsheets.
- Support donor relations and office-wide programs as needed (such as mailings and event planning).
- Enhance office operations by exploring opportunities to improve processes/procedures, supplies/tools.
- Perform other administrative and miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- College graduate with experience in an Administrative Assistant role.
- High level of independence, resourcefulness, organization, and administrative skills.
- Heightened sensitivity towards working with people from diverse backgrounds and a strong track record of handling sensitive personal information and situations.
- Effective time management and multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritize.
- High quality standards, good eye for detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Google Apps a plus).
- Team player who enjoys working collaboratively with a small team of colleagues.
- Warm, positive personality with a customer service focus.
- Deep-seated personal integrity and interest in social causes.
- Desire to contribute to the overall goals and mission of QuestBridge.
Hours & Location of Work
This is a regular, full-time position working in the QuestBridge office located in Palo Alto, CA.
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and skills for the position.
Thank you for your interest in employment with QuestBridge.
QuestBridge is an equal opportunity employer.
Well-rounded benefits package included with full-time employment.
Minimum Education Required