Empatico, an initiative of The KIND Foundation, is in the early stages of creating a free tool for teachers to connect their students to classrooms around the world using seamless video conferencing technology. Through virtual exchanges and fun activities, students are exposed to other perspectives across cultures and geographies. We are partnering with teachers and education practitioners to develop the art and science behind meaningful connections.
The KIND Foundation is a philanthropic entity established by KIND Healthy Snacks. Its mission, which is to foster kinder and more empathetic communities, is brought to life through a variety of programming meant to celebrate and inspire positive action. In 2017, the Foundation announced its signature endeavor Empatico, a $20 million multi-year initiative. To learn more, visit: kindsnacks.com/foundation.
- Empathy: We recognize our shared humanity and treat our teammates with respect and understanding
- Entrepreneurial: We pursue our mission with passion, innovation, and resourcefulness
- Teamwork: We seek collaboration, listen to differing opinions, and achieve our goals together with a positive attitude
- Ownership: We take responsibility and hold ourselves accountable
- Transparency: We are open, honest, and work together to find solutions
- Developing Self and Others: We have the humility to ask for feedback about ourselves and provide feedback for our teammates with kindness and empathy
As an active contributor of the Program team, you’ll provide support for projects and teams that impact every function of Empatico, from engineering to design to business development. You'll work on important issues that affect the organization, and will help all team members be more successful.
We love generalists who can quickly bring themselves up to speed on a variety of topics and functions. The work involved in the role will change week to week and you will have a significant, tangible impact on the company and the team. Due to our young startup nature, you’ll often get to see your ideas come to life.
Most importantly, your work will have purpose: Empatico is a mission-driven organization that takes pride in making a significant impact in the lives of millions of students and teachers globally.
You will have the opportunity to own tasks across the organization, including:
- Supporting the execution and management of product rollout in classrooms
- Supporting educational content (curriculum) development with education partners
- Collecting and synthesizing qualitative data from multiple sources to provide actionable insights that directly inform program and product development
- Reasoning through complex problems that plague teachers and identifying solutions to successfully address their concerns
- Conducting interviews with teachers and observing exchanges between partner classrooms
- Initiating, prioritizing, and managing multiple projects at any given time
- Gaining an understanding of cross-organization processes, while assisting other team members to be more productive and efficient
- Attending conferences, engaging in social media efforts, and supporting communication and business development initiatives across teams
- Owning administrative tasks for the program team, including scheduling interviews, writing memos, drafting reports, and answering support desk tickets
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Comfort working in a high growth, ambiguous, constantly changing environment
- High degree of emotional intelligence, verbal communication, writing skills
- Ability to solve complex problems and build a scalable process
- Proficiency in Google programs (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms)
- Passion for improving cross-cultural education for all students
- Language skills a plus (especially Spanish or French)
The KIND Foundation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The KIND Foundation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The KIND Foundation expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Kind Foundation’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To be considered for this role, please submit a cover letter detailing why you are interested in this job and what you would bring to the team. Send your cover letter and resume to Travis Hardy email@example.com.