300 Willoughby Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is seeking a Middle School ELA Resident Teacher to join our faculty for the 2018-19 school year.
This is a perfect role for an emerging teacher who is looking to be mentored by a diverse and established group of educators.
Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is a K-12 college preparatory community where excellent teachers prepare a diverse student body to have a positive impact on society and a lifelong passion for learning.
Our Core Values are:
- Curiosity: Develop sound judgment and intellect by asking questions confidently and thinking critically
- Respect: Value others by taking a local and global perspective and appreciating differences
- Persistence: Grow and learn by solving problems with determination, creativity and tenacity
- Passion: Succeed by approaching challenges with excitement, enthusiasm and self assurance
We are a growing organization and opportunities for development and success are readily available.
Check out our most recent updates: BPCS News
Brooklyn Prospect Charter School team members are immersed in an extraordinary learning community, allotted significant collaborative time, and offered many opportunities to grow professionally.
As an ELA Resident teacher, you will enjoy playing a vital role in school governance and curriculum development. Resident Teachers teach 2 sections of academic courses, lead an advisory & tutorial, as well as other related duties.
**The critical features of this job are described above but not all encompassing.
For more information about the IB program please visit: Brooklyn Prospect IB Program
• A minimum of bachelor’s (BA/BS) in a related field
• A master’s and above, is preferable
• Current and valid New York State Teaching License
• Experience teaching middle school ELA is preferred
• Experience with the IB Middle Years Program (MYP) and/or Diploma Program (DP) is a plus.
Salary and Benefits:
- Full time position with a collaborative team
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits, plus 401(k) with employer match
- $40,000/year salary
Interested candidates must include a resume and cover letter, including how you learned about the position, and the position for which you are applying. Applications will be reviewed as received. Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to notify those who meet our selection criteria.
Brooklyn Prospect is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds.
Minimum Education Required