8121 Georgia Avenue
Position Title: Business Engagement Manager
Reports to: ECDC/ACC Director
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Job Summary: This position is responsible for expanding and diversifying the employer bank for ECDC/ACC’s Silver Spring office, leading efforts to engage new businesses and labor markets, maintaining employer relations, and providing employment services to a small caseload of clients. This role will also research and build connections to apprenticeship and job training opportunities.
1) Business Engagement Strategy
· Lead development of a business engagement strategy aligning the refugee employment program with employer needs.
· Engage closely with the Employment Program Manager and Employment Specialists to understand the skills and barriers of clients receiving employment services.
· Engage the mainstream workforce system to understand overall local labor market trends while staying informed of regulations and other developments impacting the ability of the target population to secure and maintain well-paying jobs.
· Maintain regular communication with existing employer contacts.
· Respond to all contacts from potential employers in a timely and professional manner.
· Conduct outreach to new potential markets and employers on a regular basis, and build relationships with other entities such as job centers, community colleges, and local DSS offices.
· Grow and maintain job data bank.
· Receive and fill “job orders” from Employment Specialists regarding jobs that would be a good fit for the current client case load.
· Research and build connections to local job training and apprenticeship programs.
· Serve on the Skilled Immigrant Task force in Maryland with MORA and the Maryland DLLR.
· Complete and/or maintain Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF) certification.
· Work with MORA-funded trainers to continuously hone business engagement strategy, demonstrating a willingness to learn, take direction, and course correct as needed.
2) Employment Service Provision
This role provides employment services to a small case load of refugee employment clients, related to:
· Assessing new clients’ employment and education by completing Employability Plans.
· Conduct job search and complete job applications on behalf of client cases.
· Facilitate employment efforts with these participants: interviews, drug tests/physicals, employment paperwork, employment verifications, challenges in the workplace, etc.
· Work intensively with clients to improve employability through small-group orientation and training sessions, including job interview preparation and job skills development, among other topics.
· Identify and provide clients with information on recertification, no- to low-cost training programs, volunteer opportunities, and other resources if appropriate.
· Coordinate job application, interview and orientation processes.
· Follow-up with employers after applications are submitted.
· Conduct employment follow-up within 3 days, as well as up until and after 90 days with both employers and clients.
· Acquire pay stubs and employment verifications in order to document employment retention.
· Close case 30 days after 90 days of employment retention.
3) Reporting and filing
· Submit progress reports indicating any updates in the employment statuses of the active caseload, and on business engagement strategy progress.
· Maintain regular case notes in case files for all services provided.
· File required documents in case files in accordance with program requirements.
· Attend all relevant meetings (Case Management, Employment, All-Staff meetings).
· Follow team procedures for document management and coordination of team efforts.
· Other duties as requested by supervisor.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field, may substitute equivalent experience.
· Prior business development, marketing, or employment services experience required.
· Experience in marketing, outreach, communications, public speaking, and/or related fields;
· Willingness to engage new businesses and clients.
· Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to take initiative and work well in a team.
· Ability to develop marketing materials.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask effectively.
· Experience working with refugees or other diverse populations a plus.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
· Ability to manage heavy workload and maintain required deadlines.
· Ability to relate professionally to, and collaborate with, diverse individuals in a multicultural environment.
· Ability to work evening and weekend hours occasionally.
· Multilingual a plus.
· Current Global Career Development Facilitator certification a plus.
· Background check, current driver’s license, and clean DMV record.
· Access to own transportation.
ECDC is an equal opportunity employer.
Comprehensive benefits package including retirement, health insurance, PTO, etc.
Level of Language Proficiency
Multilingual a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume, cover letter, and writing sample to: email@example.com with “Business Engagement Manager” in the subject line or mail to: ECDC, Human Resources, 901 S. Highland St., Arlington, VA 22204
No phone calls please.
Qualified applicants will be contacted for interview.