Details: Commensurate with experience
Why Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation: Does your work change lives? Does your work bring hope to the people you serve every day? If you join the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation staff team it will!
The Foundation is a dynamic organization serving more than 1.6 million patients through its research programs and a wide array of patient services. Every team member EMPOWERS patients and their families to make informed decisions about their own healthcare, INSPIRES by helping them tell their stories and CONNECTS the community so no one ever has to feel alone in their IBD journey.
The Senior Director of Volunteer Engagement (VE) is responsible for building organizational capacity by establishing a robust and meaningful culture of volunteer engagement that aligns with the strategic plan. This individual will create and execute cross-departmental trainings, curate volunteer recognition and retention programs and identify future volunteer needs. This position will determine Foundation-wide best practices with regard to effective volunteer engagement.
Additionally, this position will manage project plans and deliverables; and support volunteer initiatives for the Foundation.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Strategic Planning -
- Responsible for the overall vision, coordination, and implementation of the Foundation’s new Volunteer Engagement program ensuring consistency with the Foundation’s strategic plan.
- Create a Board Excellence program that aligns with chapter manual and board scorecard.
- Work in collaboration with the senior staff team in developing a robust, annual volunteer summit.
- Develops policies and procedures that will sustain the volunteer engagement program.
Training & Development -
- Execute a volunteer training program for Foundation staff and volunteers that is consistent across all departments and campaigns and focuses on mission accomplishments to drive revenue.
- Work directly with staff and volunteers to develop individual volunteer leadership skills.
- Strengthen the volunteer on-boarding experience that encompasses Foundation priorities.
Volunteer Engagement -
- Identify, develop, and gather the resources to support the Volunteer Engagement program.
- Create a robust and cohesive volunteer recognition program that can be implemented on a National and Chapter level.
- Provide leadership to Chapter staff and volunteers as it relates to volunteer engagement.
- Develop Foundation benchmarks for volunteer recruitment and retention.
- Maintain communication with national directors.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Five to seven years in not-for-profit fundraising or association management, preferably within a health-related organization.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the processes and components necessary to build a robust volunteer program.
- Experience in strategic planning and project management.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, with public speaking ability that will inspire and motivate others.
- Demonstrated success in the recruitment, engagement, and cultivation of high-impact volunteers within a national based organization.
- Experience with influence management and persuasive authority over employees.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with board members, volunteers and donors.
- Self-motivated, results orientated manager with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- High level of diplomacy, patience, and flexibility.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
Note: CROHN’S & COLITIS FOUNDATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD, DELETE, CHANGE OR MODIFY THE JOB DUTIES.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please be sure to include a resume and cover letter for consideration.