111 John Street, Suite 260
Summary of Position:
Transportation Alternatives is a nationally renowned non-profit focused on transportation issues in New York City. TransAlt’s work is supported by 10,000 dues-paying members and a network of 100,000 supporters. TransAlt is committed to reclaiming New York City’s streets for people by ensuring that every New Yorker has safe space to walk and bike and access to public transportation. Every day, all over the city, we’re working to make New York City’s neighborhoods safer and restore a vibrant culture of street life.
The Telefundraiser will support Transportation Alternatives’ year-end fundraising campaign through phone banking. Using telemarketing software, the Telefundraiser will call current and lapsed TransAlt members and upgrade or renew their support. This is a vital role representing TransAlt during our July fundraising campaign.
The Telefundraiser should have excellent interpersonal communication skills and fundraising experience. A high level of comfort with direct donor engagement is essential to being successful in this position.
Work will be performed at the TransAlt office located in the Financial District. The shifts will take place in the evening and will run through middle to late August of 2018.
- Calling current and lapsed members and soliciting donations
- Ensuring accurate recording of payment details
- Updating contact records to reflect any changes communicated by donor
- Previous sales experience required
- Previous experience fundraising over the phone is preferred
- Experience using Salesforce and/or other telemarketing software is a big plus
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Ability to build rapport over the phone and deal with rejection without becoming discouraged
- Professionalism and punctuality
- Comfort working independently in a fast-paced campaign environment
- Commitment to NYC
- A sense of humor
$15/hour plus commission
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to:
job_applications [at] transalt [dot] org with “Telefundraiser” in the subject line
No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
Transportation Alternatives is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local law. We value having diverse staff in gender, ethnicity, background and modal preference.