525 South Hewitt Street
Reporting to the Senior Operations Director, the Outreach Program Coordinator assists the programmatic staff to promote the long-term goals of the organization. The Outreach Program Coordinator will perform programmatic assignments, such as online and in-person outreach, media and communications generation, and public speaking engagements, while contributing to additional policy work and projects as needed.
Leadership & Management:
- Assist in the execution of several key programs and partnerships, upholding the organization’s standard of excellence and reputation in all activities
- Report to the Senior Operations Director on a weekly basis; debrief activities
- Curate, cultivate, and offer feedback on work activities
- Assist in coordination of several education and outreach programs, serving as a professional, public face of the organization in all activities
- Assist in implementation of a new community outreach program, promoting climate solutions such as energy efficiency and water conservation. The focus will be college campuses and in places of worship throughout the Los Angeles region.
- Cultivate a list of potential speaking engagement sites and events, and conduct outreach to contacts in a timely and professional manner
- Contribute to the generation of a program-specific public speaking guide
- In collaboration with the Communications Director, generate media and communications content related to outreach initiatives for public dissemination
- Assist in cultivating reporting materials to the grant-making organization and attend all grantee workshops
- Assist with the organization’s annual gala and other functions as needed
The Outreach Program Coordinator will be thoroughly committed to Climate Resolve’s mission. All candidates should have proven experience that includes:
- At least 2 years of nonprofit experience, preferably in programs
- Track record of effectively executing programmatic activity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Public speaking experience preferred
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Experience in marketing, public relations, and an ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Willingness to drive for outreach work to locations throughout both Los Angeles County and adjacent counties up to  days per week. Automobile required. Reimbursement will be provided at the AAA standard rate for mileage as well as local/regional mass transit costs
- Ability to work effectively in a supportive, complementary, and collaborative fashion with diverse groups of people
- Important to be self-directed
- A congenial personality – can get along with others – and a sense of humor!
Public transport reimbursements
Metro bike pass
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to Kristina von Hoffmann, Senior Operations Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Outreach Program Coordinator.”
We encourage applicants of all races, ethnicities, physical abilities, genders, and sexual orientations to apply; Climate Resolve is committed to a diverse workplace.