Maya Health Alliance | Wuqu’ Kawoq is seeking a San Francisco-based development professional to support our efforts as we expand the scope and reach of our services in Guatemala. Maya Health Alliance has been providing medical care and health education in indigenous areas of Guatemala since 2007. We’re unique among Guatemalan health organizations for our combination of high-quality health programs, understanding of local cultures and languages, and commitment to evaluation and research. www.mayahealth.org
Overview of Position
The Director of Development creates and oversees the implementation of a strategic approach to fundraising, including major gifts, corporate donations, grant solicitation, and in-kind resources. The director will plan and organize events, conduct donor outreach, and catalyze and support board members’ fundraising.
- Create and implement fund development plan; monitor and evaluate plan, trends, and innovations and adapt accordingly.
- Manage fund development budget
- Organize fund development activities, including grant applications, fundraising events, and donor cultivation
- Identify and secure new funding opportunities with foundations and corporations
- Expand base of individual and major donors and build the major donors program.
- Organize events, coffees, and meetings for executive team in San Francisco area and other USA cities.
- Oversee donor mailing list and database; maintain consistent and timely communications with donors
- Coordinate in-kind donations
- Engage and manage volunteers for fund development
- Two – three trips yearly to Guatemala, usually 1-2-week trips.
- Minimum of three years of development experience with proven track record
- Demonstrated success in a fundraising position
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to problem solve and triage as necessary
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and handle a variety of tasks
- Enthusiasm for our work and mission
- Familiarity with Guatemala and Spanish fluency a plus
Salary and Benefits
- We offer competitive salary and benefits DOE.
- This will be a remote working situation, working from home or a co-working center
Minimum Education Required