5850 Hollywood Blvd.
The Development Assistant is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of the My Friend’s Place resource development plan, including in-kind giving, contributor support, fundraising event support and assistance with communication pieces (newsletters, press releases, mailings, e-mail lists, web and social media), under the supervision of the Development and Communications Manager and the Director of Development.
Data Maintenance and Gift Processing
- Process cash, credit card, stock, wire transfer, and other gifts and ensure that all gifts are accurately acknowledged in timely manner.
- Maintain the supporter database with accuracy and integrity, including but not limited to campaign tracking, updating donor profiles as needed, entering gifts, pledges and staff/solicitor notes.
- Process and fulfill gifts-in-honor/memory-of, and other special acknowledgements.
- Create and facilitate supporter and contribution reports, including accurate lists for Annual Report, and provide periodic updates of fundraising progress for board and leadership staff.
Contributor Support and In Kind Contribution Coordination
- Greet all in kind supporters, receive their contributions, and cultivate positive relationships.
- Assist in planning in kind campaigns, including assessment of the organization’s in kind needs in conjunction with program staff and
- Coordinate with staff to facilitate the storage and flow of in kind contributions.
- Assist in cultivation of relationships with new in kind contributors and existing supporters.
- Assist in coordinating and facilitating site visits and tours for current and prospective supporters.
- Assist with fundraising appeals and agency communications including preparing mailings, mailing list generation, and data and content support.
- Assist with the production of agency communications, including the agency website and social media, printing and mailing of bi-annual newsletters, direct mail appeals, agency brochures, and specialty publications
- Provide wide-ranging, multifaceted administrative support to assist with planning and carrying out various fundraising activities, including assistance with meeting preparation, event logistics, mailings, and general administrative support.
- Create and actively promote a comfortable and welcoming environment where every member/participant is treated with dignity and respect in a friendly, personalized manner.
- Employ a customer service orientation in anticipating and responding to supporter needs and requests.
- Provide support to organizational public relations and marketing efforts.
- Assist with tracking development-related expenses for the purposes of annual budgeting and periodic financial reports.
- Respond to programmatic needs as required (in emergencies, when understaffed, etc.)
- Report on development and cultivate staff engagement at All Staff meetings
Commitment to Core Values
- The following core values are fundamental to our work together and with the youth: compassion, flexibility, honesty, human worth, integrity, openness, respect, sense of humor, trust, valuing diversity, and the willingness and courage to engage, address and discuss differences
Dependability / Reliability
- Reports to work on time and informs appropriate staff when involved in other duties away from the agency
- Provides advance notice in a timely manner for all scheduled leave
- Maintains proper attendance requirements in compliance with agency policies
Attitude and Flexibility
- Exercises good judgment under various work situations
- Adapts to changes in agency routines and issues
- Maintains flexibility in completing tasks as required by the position
- Exhibits positive daily work attitudes on a consistent basis
- Creates a positive environment for all people in the agency by addressing issues of harassment, discrimination, or lack of respect immediately
- Continues to pursue the development of cultural sensitivity and proficiency agency-wide
- Documents challenging personnel and stakeholder situations in writing
- Exhibits cooperation and courtesy while creating a positive public image for My Friend’s Place and a productive work environment
Quality / Quantity of Work
- Understands and satisfactorily performs activities as assigned by the Development and Communications Manager, Director of Development and Executive Director
- Ensures that all work is completed to highest quality professional standards
- Maintains a level of professional knowledge so as to function as a resource for all staff, volunteers, and community members for the agency’s overall operation
- Commitment to agency mission and core values
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to effectively and efficiently manage deadlines and multiple tasks
- General knowledge of and enthusiasm for event planning, volunteer management, and customer service protocols
- Knowledge of computer operation and supporter software (Microsoft Office, Google Apps, eTapestry and Mail Chimp preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone skills and ability to create effective messaging to a variety of constituencies
- Strong content creation skills, including writing and editing for print and electronic media
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Open-mindedness and ability to work with diverse groups
- Availability for evening and weekend projects on occasion
- California driver’s license, automobile insurance and reliable transportation
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field
- Preferred two years experience in development and/or communications, including data entry
Requirements, Terms and Benefits
- The Development Assistant position is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Director of Development
- Must have access to adequate transportation and be insurable by the agency’s insurance.
- Must be comfortable with the physical demands of this position, including occasional lifting or moving of furniture and boxes (up to 30 lbs.), and regularly navigate stairs
- My Friend’s Place offers a competitive salary and benefits package including paid health, dental, and life insurance, sick leave and vacation time
- The hiring process includes a pre-hire background check, including a criminal background check and DMV report
- TO APPLY, please email resume, cover letter and salary requirements/history to email@example.com
My Friend’s Place offers a competitive salary and benefits package including paid health, dental, and life insurance, sick leave and vacation time
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The hiring process includes a pre-hire background check, including a criminal background check and DMV report
TO APPLY, please email resume, cover letter and salary requirements/history to firstname.lastname@example.org