Program Manager - National Chapters
The National Chapter Program Manager is an integral part of the programs team and plays a crucial role in overseeing the growing national student and professional chapter network and our associated leadership programs targeted towards our chapter members. The National Program Chapter Manager, along with support from our Chapter Committee, will envision, design, coordinate, execute and manage the SACNAS National Chapter Network and associated chapter leadership programs. This position reports to the Director of Programs, is full time, non-exempt, and based in Santa Cruz, CA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as the primary point of contact for all 115+ student and professional chapters nationwide. Work on ensuring that needs are met and that the overall vision for chapters is carried out. Develop a 30/60/90-day detailed action plan which is in full alignment with the strategic plan to reevaluate the effectiveness of the SACNAS National Chapter Program, listen to the needs of our chapters, and put forth solid recommendations on how to improve overall morale, communication, program delivery, and chapter cohesion among chapter members and the SACNAS National Office.
• Research and develop grants in coordination with the Development Director that will fund high impact programs (including online) to provide targeted professional development for undergraduate, graduate, and professional chapter members in the areas of STEM career development, mentoring, and leadership development. Additionally, develop relationships with industry, academia, and other nonprofits for chapter fund development.
• Ensure that effective administrative processes are in place to identify and assess student member needs and the effectiveness of the services being delivered. Create systems that are easy and intuitive for chapters to follow and offer ways to make the program more efficient and supportive.
• Directly execute the Community College Leadership Day, Chapter Leadership Program, Community College Day (at conference), and all associated chapter related programming at the SACNAS National Conference. The National Chapter Program Manager will work closely with the Chapter Committee, SACNAS logistical staff, and the Senior Manager of Leadership Programs to accomplish this task.
• Consult, and be an equal thought partner, with the Chapter Committee and Senior Manager of Leadership Programs to assist in the overall planning and implementation of a SACNAS branded regional meeting. Conduct site visits and a listening tour of other regional meetings that are currently supported by local chapter efforts.
• Collaborate and coordinate with teams and individuals internal and external to SACNAS such as the Chapter Committee, Leadership Committee, funders, university officials, and any other external committees that can help support the overall vision and direction of the National Chapter Program.
• Develop, refine, and monitor multiple budgets including grant based budgets, National Chapter Student Program budget, Community College Day budget (conference), and the Chapter Leadership Institute. Work closely with the SACNAS fiscal department to ensure stability and clarity of expenses and income. Work closely with the Development Director and Programs Director to map out current and future funding for the National Chapter Program.
• Incorporate clear internal project management tools such as Smartsheet, Zoom Meetings and Salesforce to monitor and evaluate chapter annual program reports and any other reporting submittals made by chapters, funders, and sponsors.
• Ensure that the values, mission, and strategic vision of SACNAS are evident throughout all programming and future planning of the program.
• Be an active participant with the Chapter Committee and offer feedback and direction. Prepare agendas, facilitate and document meetings with the committee.
The items listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
• Ability to be a self-starter, demonstrated knowledge and ability to work with diverse communities including community college, undergraduate, graduate and professional members.
• Strong ability and passion to connect and engage with minority college age students and understand needs especially aimed at first-generation college students.
• Ability to create and monitor multiple program budgets and insure that benchmarks and deliverables are being met.
• Experience researching grants that would lead SACNAS to develop and implement innovative programs on a nationwide basis.
• Ability to interpret data and use for refining current and future programs.
• Experience facilitating the development and coordination of online programming especially webinars. Solid experience hosting and facilitating large and medium size meetings.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
• The ability to work in teams and alone.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Experience and high comfort level with public speaking.
• Commitment to the values, mission, goals, and programs of SACNAS.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends on occasion, in addition to in state and out of state travel.
· Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
· Eleven Paid Holidays
· Generous Paid Time off
· 401 (k) retirement
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Spanish a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject – Program Manager Chapters.