Details: This is a full-time, temporary position (ending in November 2018). Salary is commensurate with experience.
Color Of Change PAC is running an innovative organizing program in 2018 to build leadership and volunteer capacity in Black communities across the country. This organizing program is about centering Black Joy and building Black political power. If that sounds strategic and exciting to you, please apply.
The Communications Team is a key part of this organizing program, designing ways to tell the story of our collective work and grow our brand’s presence through paid and earned media, social media and public communications channels. The Senior Communications Manager is a key position within the team, perfect for someone who lives in the news cycle and enjoys developing campaign communications plans.
This position reports to the Communications Director and responsibilities include:
Leads day-to-day communications support for all campaign activities
- Develops communications strategy and collateral for online and offline organizing activities
- Writes talking points, creates messaging templates, presentations and toolkits
- Copy-edits public-facing materials for field, political and digital teams
Manages earned media program
- Maintains media lists, sends daily news clips, monitors local and national press for relevant stories
- Drafts media advisories, quotes, and press statements
- Trains and coordinates media opportunities for local spokespeople
Maintains Color Of Change PAC's web and social media presence
- Ensures content is up-to-date and consistent with brand and messaging
- Works closely with design team to execute brand assets
- Creates social media strategy for local races and national campaigns
The right candidate will have a strong mix of the following:
- A strong racial justice analysis, and a commitment to centering and uplifting Black joy
- Significant media relations and communications experience
- Previous electoral or issue campaign experience
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
This is a full-time, temporary position (ending in November 2018). Salary is commensurate with experience.
Color Of Change PAC is an equal opportunity employer. Color Of Change PAC prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should click the link (https://colorofchangepac.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk012un) and submit a resume and COC PAC-tailored cover letter.