Details: Competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits package.
520 8th Avenue
The Center for Court Innovation is a non-profit organization that works to create a more effective and humane justice system by performing original research and helping launch reforms around the world. The Center creates operating projects that have been documented to improve public safety and reduce the use of jail and prison. Nationally and internationally, the Center performs original research on topics of justice reform and provides consulting services to criminal justice innovators.
The research department provides support to the Center’s operating projects, but also oversees an independent portfolio of research exploring, documenting, and evaluating a variety of promising reform strategies nationwide.
The research department is seeking a Research Associate for involvement in a mixed-method study of firearms violence among residents in multiple New York City neighborhoods and a randomized controlled trial of a school-based restorative justice intervention for high school students. While not required, Spanish language skills are also a plus.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Participate fully in fieldwork, including the support of research assistants in multiple sites, on an as-needed basis;
· Design qualitative research studies;
· Write clear and rigorous research reports and research proposals;
· Disseminate research findings and policy implications to policymaker and practitioner audiences, as well as researchers.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. or M.A. plus meaningful research experience, preferably as a criminal justice researcher. The successful applicant will be a central team member on various research projects involving ethnographic fieldwork and qualitative methods. Knowledge of qualitative methods and experience conducting such research is required. Other preferred qualifications include:
· Experience designing qualitative research studies
· Experience coding and analyzing qualitative data, including use of data analysis software
· Knowledge of the SPSS statistical package
· Willingness to travel in order to conduct research outside of New York City
Position Type: Full-time, including some evenings and weekends as fieldwork necessitates
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Deadline to Apply: 4/30/18 Until filled, although application review will take place on a rolling basis.
How to apply: Send resume and cover letter to:
Subject line: Research Associate
Center for Court Innovation
520 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10018
Note: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete an employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.