The Integrated Education & Training (IET) Computer Literacy Instructor must be experienced in teaching basic Microsoft applications and IC3 Digital Literacy certification curriculum, as well as providing computer literacy instruction to a wide variety of learners. She/he is responsible for the delivery of educational curriculum and industry knowledge to adult learners in a classroom setting. Must be able to create lesson plans that include real-life contextual learning experiences, and be able to serve learners at varied academic levels and meet diverse student needs. Must also be able to integrate the use of technology into the lessons, as well as utilize varied curriculum resources.
The responsibilities are divided into three primary areas: Instruction, Student Support, and Administration.
· Develop weekly written lesson plans that incorporate authentic, real-life contexts that are responsive to the needs, goals, and interests of adult students in their roles as family members, members of the community, lifelong learners, and workers along their career pathways.
· Provide in-class and/or on-line instruction and hands-on training as required by course content, as well as substitute teach other workforce development courses as needed.
· Utilize best practices in planning and instruction, including integrating a variety of tools and technology (e.g. audio-visual, computers, video, etc.) to support classroom learning, universal design for learning, and other methods of differentiation.
· Adjust instructional strategies, when needed, to meet diverse student needs.
· Acquire and maintain certification to administer all tests, analyze results, document results, and integrate results into instructional plans in a timely manner.
· Consult with career services staff regarding training and career pathway information for job placement of qualifying students.
· Identify challenges, make referrals as necessary and advise students of next steps in their career pathway.
· Lead student groups or tutoring sessions as needed.
· Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and collaborate with co-teachers to create curriculum, provide quarterly academic progress reports for students, and ensure that measurable educational objectives and time frames are met in a timely manner.
· Assist in the development and implementation of student Individualized Service Plan (ISP) that incorporates specific, measurable, behavioral objectives and time frames.
· Track, analyze, and maintain all required documentation (attendance, testing results, outcomes, releases and achievements, etc.) in student files and meets all weekly submission deadlines and requirements as specified by Supervisor.
· Participate in scheduled In-Service training, multi-disciplinary team and staff meetings, as well as professional development trainings and activities as requested.
· Understand and apply state and federal confidentiality regulations with regard to client records and correspondence.
· Participate in bi-weekly meetings with immediate supervisor.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor and/or the management team.
Education and Experience
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and IC3 Global Digital Literacy.
· Certification in Microsoft Office Specialist and Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field preferred.
· Minimum of two years’ experience in the instruction of learners, ideally in a non-traditional educational setting.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Comprehensive knowledge of educational principles.
· Demonstrate leadership, professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills.
· Consistently demonstrate prompt and dependable attendance according to work schedules.
· Possess excellent time management skills with ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and complete assignments in a timely manner.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Proven ability to maintain objective, professional relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
· Ability to manage confidential information with diplomacy and tact.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and internet research techniques.
The Integrated Education & Training (IET) Computer Literacy Instructor must be experienced in teaching basic Microsoft applications and IC3 Digital Literacy certification curriculum, as well as providing…
Candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to be considered for the contract position. We regret that due to the volume of applicants the YWCA NCA receives, we are unable to respond by telephone or email to each candidate individually regarding the status of their application.
Candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to be considered for the contract position. We regret that due to the volume of applicants the YWCA NCA receives, we are unable to…