17 Depot Street
The Director of Operations & Finance is a linchpin leadership role, working with every department in the organization. Your experience and leadership will ensure The Water Project grows efficiently and effectively, and remains a stable presence for the flourishing of national and international staff.
Manage and improve all bookkeeping and accounting tasks for the organization
- Initiate and maintain relationships with financial institutions such as local banks and international transfer agents
- Work with senior and department leadership to develop and maintain multi-level organizational budgets
- Accurately track, classify and report on all income and expense activities using QuickBooks
- Work directly with an outside auditor to report annual financial activity, including the generation of Audited Financial Statements and Form 990 filings.
Manage and improve the Human Resources policies and capabilities of the organization
- Personnel files and payroll
- All benefits accounts including health/dental insurance, retirement, and tax-exempt medical spending plans
- Support national and international staff as the organization's HR representative
Manage and improve all Operational activities of the organization
- Management of The Water Project's facility (owned); inventory management
- Work with outside agencies to maintain all state and professional registrations
- Initiate and maintain organizational purchases, accounts payable and lease agreements
You're an Accounting and HR pro.
You have experience behind you, and you're looking to use all your collective experience to ensure The Water Project's ability to grow deep and fast.
You're curious and always looking for better ways.
You'll be able jump right in on day one. Then, you'll immediately start assessing how we can be more efficient, more effective, more impactful in how we serve those in and outside the organization.
You're a stable force.
We move fast and work hard. You thrive in having a lot going at once, are organized and provide a stable presence to make sure the things that always need to work - always work.
Minimum Education Required