Details: This position is full-time with a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Women’s Support Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
158 Gay Street
P.O. Box 341
Women’s Support Services (WSS), a dynamic and effective domestic violence agency located in the beautiful Litchfield Hills of northwest Connecticut, is seeking an energetic, motivated and dedicated Event Coordinator, overseeing all aspects of our highly successful fundraiser, Trade Secrets, supported by a part-time event assistant. This person will also provide administrative board support, financial administration, and general office management as part of their full-time portfolio and will be under the supervision of the Executive Director.
This position requires some local travel. A valid driver’s license, certificate of auto insurance and car are required.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Event and administrative management experience
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred or 5+ years applicable experience
· Experience working with diverse groups
· High competency with Microsoft Office programs, database management, and web-based research; experience in DonorPerfect or similar donor database is a plus.
The successful candidate will be able to:
· Work patiently and diplomatically with diverse event participants, donors, and volunteers
· Effectively engage in community and social networking
· Recruit, provide motivation and show appreciation for volunteers
· Successfully negotiate contracts
· Demonstrate excellent organization skills, with an ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
· Manage multiple responsibilities with attention to details
· Set and adhere to goals and deadlines
· Communicate clearly in both oral and written formats
· Work collaboratively and supportively with staff and Board members
· Be self-motivated and self-directed to complete tasks in a timely manner
· Follow instructions and adhere to policies
· Keep strict confidentialitiy
Obtaining and maintaining certification as a battered women's counselor per CGS 52- 146k11/99 is required. Training is provided.
This position is full-time with a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Women’s Support Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but will not be responded to until the end of April.
Health Savings Account contribution
403B Retirement Plan with agency match
Paid time off
Minimum Education Required