2003 E. San Antonio St.
FAMILY ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
Background: Grail Family Services (GFS) fosters learning and the empowerment of vulnerable families with young children through the delivery of programs that educate, develop leadership skills, and build a sense of community. Grail Family Services is an established and well respected service provider in East San Jose. As such, hundreds of community residents walk in our family resource center to participate in our services, to get referrals, or use our Children’s Library on a daily basis. We serve an average of more than 1500 residents, children and their parents/caregivers annually through fourteen distinct programs and services at on site and off site locations. For more information, please see our website at www.gfsfamilyservices.org.
Position Summary: The Family Engagement Manager is responsible for the coordination, implementation, evaluation and effective management of GFS’s family engagement programs. In this role, the Family Engagement Manager will oversee the development and implementation of an annual program work plan that is aligned with the strategic priorities of the organization. The Family Engagement Manager will supervise the Family Engagement Coordinator, collaborate closely with partner agencies in the implementation of our family engagement programs and provide oversight for the agency’s volunteer program. The Family Engagement Manager will ensure that GFS’s programs are of very high quality and that they meet the needs of community residents.
- Supervise, support and evaluate direct program staff
- Facilitate coordination among all relevant staff to ensure smooth and well-executed programs
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with organizations, groups and other strategic allies and stakeholders through various outreach and programmatic activities.
- Work to ensure the tight coordination and integration of GFS’s Programs
- Provide direct service implementation to families and facilitate Volunteer Training sessions
- Partner with other agencies/organizations in order to create linkages and develop programs and resources on behalf of East San Jose families
- Represent GFS in community meetings and promote public awareness of GFS’s mission
- Evaluate and assess program effectiveness with established tools
- Complete program reports
- Other duties as assigned
- BA degree in education, child development, or related field required, Master’s degree preferred
- At least five years of experience in providing services to families with young children
- At least one year of project management and staff supervision experience desired
- Ability to relate well to people from a variety of economic and ethnic backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience in addressing the needs of multi-cultural, low-income and underserved populations
- Ability to work closely with different professionals as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong commitment to quality services
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Strong facilitation skills and ability to present ideas publicly
- Knowledge of/familiarity with East San Jose resources preferred
- Proficient in use of computer software including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Bilingual English/Spanish required, with excellent written and oral skills in both languages
- Must have valid California driver’s license, insurance, and reliable transportation.
- Ability to make a one-year commitment
Benefits package includes medical, and dental insurance for all full-time employees. Dependent coverage may be elected at the employee’s own expense. In addition to 11 paid holidays, employees receive two floating holidays per year.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English/Spanish required, with excellent written and oral skills in both languages
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, email your cover letter (word or PDF document) summarizing your interest, fit with qualifications, and experience along with a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until a qualified candidate is hired.