The Center for Biological Diversity is looking for a full-time digital campaign producer in our Organizing Department. Preference will be given to applicants who are in Portland, Oregon, Oakland, California, Tucson, Arizona or Washington, D.C. Remote may be considered for exceptional candidates.
Ignite Change is the Center for Biological Diversity's national network for grassroots action that's standing up for wildlife, wild places and a livable planet. We believe that in order to win, we need to build a massive, volunteer-driven network of activists who are passionate about protecting wildlife and wild places. If you join our team, you'll help build grassroots power to stand up for life on Earth.
The digital campaign producer will be a creative, digitally minded whiz who's versatile, passionate and detail-oriented. We're looking for someone who understands how to produce top-notch emails but can also manage the data and reporting from those campaigns. If you can deliver high-quality work in rapidly changing situations, this job is for you.
- Produce email campaigns, including the data segmentation, set-up/coding, graphics, review and testing of email campaigns.
- Manage the calendaring and production schedule to keep email programs on track for campaigns.
- Manage our member/activist database, build precision-targeted queries, run reports, and bulk import new records;
- Pull and present data for reporting and analysis. Develop and track meaningful metrics by which we can measure our success.
- Make sure we have timely access to key information about the performance of our online communications and health of our digital ecosystem.
- Inspire and engage our volunteers and supporters in strategic campaigns to protect wildlife, wild lands, and our air, water and climate.
- Support our distributed-organizing and field campaigns with other digital tools as needed, including social media, peer-to-peer texting, webinars and other platforms.
Essential qualities, qualifications and skills:
- Undergraduate degree and/or at least three years of experience in a digital program;
- Experience with digital tools including CRM databases (Action Kit or EveryAction NGP/VAN preferred), social media and web platforms;
- Good knowledge of HTML and email production ' not just copying an email or two into a WYSIWYG editor but the skill to dig into the code when something doesn't look right;
- Good familiarity with image editing and ability to wrangle graphics for email, web and social media;
- Strong analytics and data management skills, plus comfort with Excel [Google Sheets];
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with team members and volunteers;
- A proven ability to edit copy into clear, concise, persuasive writing on tight deadlines;
- Exceptional organizational skills and capacity to prioritize several tasks without letting anything fall through the cracks;
- Keen attention to detail;
- A passion for, and demonstrated commitment to, biodiversity, wildlife and environmental justice;
- Experience with campaign planning and strategy preferred.
- Be committed to protecting the environment and social justice.
- Have a passion for creating and growing engaged movements.
- Be a good teammate and colleague. We value teamwork and expect each member of the team to have a "can do" attitude and a willingness to help when/where needed.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced workplace where plans can change daily.
- Be committed to winning. To us that means being accountable for outcomes, being willing to test your ideas against reality and adapt if your approach isn't working, and being willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish our goals.
- Paid generous medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 403(b) plan with opportunity for match
- Generous time-off policies
- Relaxed work atmosphere
Application process: Please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, your salary requirements and three references with your application. The position will remain open until filled. No telephone calls, please. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Center for Biological Diversity deeply values, and is committed to sustaining and promoting, both biological and cultural diversity. We welcome, embrace and respect diversity of people, identities and cultures. We are committed to fostering an organizational culture of diversity and inclusion. The Center believes staff and board diversity is critical to saving life on Earth.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website above. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.