The Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation seeks a motivated, self-starting individual as a Development Assistant/Receptionist. Damon Runyon is internationally recognized for its long-standing role in identifying and supporting the most outstanding young scientists in the nation committed to finding innovative approaches to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of all forms of cancer.
This entry-level position presents an excellent opportunity for someone interested in a career in the nonprofit sector. The position encompasses both general administrative and development support. The position reports to the Chief Administrative Officer and Director of Development Operations and Annual Giving.
Development (reporting to the Director of Development Operations and Annual Giving):
· General administrative support for senior development staff.
· Special projects as needed.
· Receive and record telephone donations.
· Provide back-up donor database support.
· Assist in the preparation of grant proposals and reports as needed.
· Damon Runyon Broadway Tickets support
· Assist in answering the Broadway Tickets telephone line, selling tickets, and providing customer information and support.
Reception (reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer):
· Answer Foundation’s main phone line; screen and direct calls.
· Greet visitors and accept packages.
· Manage ordering and stocking office supplies.
· General administrative support and additional assignments as required.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and oral and written communication skills.
· Strong telephone and customer service skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Ability to multi-task and problem-solve.
· Enthusiasm about taking on new and varied assignments when the need arises.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Experience with donor database systems (particularly Raiser’s Edge) a plus.
Minimum Education Required