1348 Bainbridge Street
This position will provide and oversee client-centered, one on one, prevention, patient navigation services including but not limited to HIV test-decision counseling, HIV results counseling, referrals, linkages and advocacy. The Navigation Program Manager will also provide support and supervision to navigation and linkage staff as well as contribute greatly to the promotion of and recruitment for Navigation Services as well as for other Mazzoni Center programs.
- Good oral and written communication skills are required for this position.
- Communicate effectively with the clients, staff, and others; and contribute to a positive environment.
- Assist with promotion and participant recruitment of Navigation Services and other Mazzoni Center services
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of the navigation resource guide
- Manages the Navigation and Linkage Programs, which includes but is not limited to ongoing and consistent quality assurance, system development, staff support, procedure creation, etc.
- Provide consistent communication with clients
- Assess clients’ interest and readiness to receive Navigation Services
- Assess clients’ services and support needs of a client by way of comprehensive biopsychosocial assessments
- Act as link support for clients’ to access services, programs, biomedical prevention strategies, etc.
- Provide education and resources around HIV, STDs, case management, mental health, treatment services, education, housing, employment, etc.
- Support clients in understanding how to access services, programs, bio-medical prevention strategies, etc.
- Collaborate with internal and external provider to provide Navigation Services
- Perform HIV prevention counseling
- Coordinate with external providers to ensure service linkage
- Follow up with clients and providers to confirm completion of referrals
- Conduct daily data entry of client and service information using an internal spreadsheet, Evaluation Web, Care Ware, Athena, etc.
- Maintain client files and records
- Maintain excellent communication with the Prevention and Education Services Director and the Navigation Team
- Generate internal and external reports as needed
- Protect client information and records at all times in compliance with agency confidentiality policy, HIPAA and Pennsylvania Act 148
- Adhere to Mazzoni Center and OSHA guidelines, i.e., infection control, immunization policies, exposure control (blood borne pathogens and chemical hazards).
- Participate in weekly supervision
- Participate in team meetings, department meetings, agency meetings, staff in-services, and external trainings as required
- Maintains excellent communication with the Navigation Team, the Prevention Services Managers, and the Prevention Services Director
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Education, Training, License and Certification, Skills and Experience
- Commitment to the mission of Mazzoni Center is required
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker Degree preferred; Masters in Social Work is the minimum requirement
- Bilingual preferred
- Three years of management experience required
- Working knowledge of HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, and community resources
- Experience working with diverse populations, with an emphasis on LGBTQ communities of color
- Excellent organizational skills and follow-through
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Spanish-speaking preferred
- Computer literate with knowledge of Evaluation Web, Care Ware, Microsoft WORD, ACCESS, and Excel
Background checks are required, including Criminal Background Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Clearance.
- The ability to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time\
- The ability to lift objects greater than 35 pounds
- The ability to communicate using written and spoken words
- Must have all necessary vaccinations
- Annual PPD
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to both Eric Paulukonis, the Prevention and Education Services Director (email@example.com), and Patricia Dunne, the Human Resources Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).