Administrative Coordinator Job Description
HEAL Trafficking, Inc.
HEAL Trafficking, Inc. is the leading international non-governmental authority on Human Trafficking as a health issue. Our education and training materials are used the world over to not only shine a spotlight on the plight of those being trafficked, but to put an end to the practice. We work with hospitals, health centers, primary care settings, and all other health-related venues where trafficked people receive medical care. More than 68% of trafficked individuals ultimately come through one of these doors.
HEAL’s services are customized specifically for health professionals. Our expertise and focus on the physical and mental health of trafficking victims, and the practitioners who treat them, provides the highest quality evidence-based education, training, materials, consultation, technical assistance, and advocacy work available anywhere.
HEAL Trafficking is looking for a motivated, organized, and dedicated individual to lead the organization’s administrative activities, as well assist with operational and other project-based tasks. This person will play a key role in overseeing the day-to-day functioning of the organization as well as maintaining and planning ongoing projects and will report directly to HEAL’s Operations Manager. The Administrative Coordinator will also have the opportunity to work closely with HEAL’s CEO, Operations Manager, Communications Coordinator, Fund Development consultant, Board of Directors, and other members of the HEAL Trafficking network.
- Board of Directors and Executive Team support
- Maintain regular communication with HEAL’s Operations Manager, including regular email communication and coordinating a phone call/Zoom meeting at least twice per week
- Maintain the HEAL meeting calendar by:
- Scheduling monthly Executive Team meetings, quarterly Fund Development and Finance meetings, and quarterly Board meetings (Board Meeting schedule and content should be in accordance with the HEAL Calendar and previous meeting action items)
- Work with Operations Manager to prepare draft meeting agendas for the Board Chair’s review at least two weeks prior to each meeting
- Sending reminder emails, attaching agendas and Zoom details as necessary, prior to all HEAL meetings in a timely and consistent manner
- Draft the HEAL leadership newsletter on a quarterly basis, and work with Operations Manager to finalize and disseminate
- Manage onboarding/offboarding of all new members of the Executive Team, Board of Directors, Advisory Council, and Speakers’ Bureau
- Includes collection of signed agreements, contact information, and bio and headshot for website
- Manage HEAL’s shared calendars, including scheduling events/meetings, creating Zoom meetings, and adding all events to the calendars and sending email invitations to all relevant attendees
- Oversee the electronic filing and organization of important documents
- Training and Technical Assistance Support
- For Protocol Technical Assistance/Consulting services, this includes:
- Responding to requests for consultation by setting up an introductory phone call with requesting organization and Operations Manager
- Dissemination of contracts and invoices for client organizations and HEAL consultants
- For Speakers’ Bureau services, this includes:
- Maintaining the Speakers’ Bureau request spreadsheet and speaker database
- Responding to requesting organizations in a timely manner (no more than 5 business days), and confirming event details
- Following up with speaker(s) two weeks prior to their engagement to review their presentation
- Following up with requesting organization for evaluations and final head count
- Coordinating speaker invoices
- Forwarding all applications to the Speakers’ Bureau to the CEO, and fully onboarding all accepted speakers
- Network Support
- Manage HEAL’s general email account (firstname.lastname@example.org), including responding promptly (five business days at the most) to all Contact Us requests and Training and Technical Assistance requests (including Speakers’ Bureau), as well as forwarding emails to the appropriate HEAL contacts as necessary.
- Maintain HEAL’s existing cybersecurity measures, including:
- Running NordVPN on any devices used for HEAL work at all times
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Computer and technological skills; well versed in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace applications, and Zoom; experience with WordPress and Constant Contact is a plus
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to meet and manage deadlines
- Comfortable working both as part of a team as well as independently
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills; editing and proofreading skills are a plus
- Basic literacy in issues of global health and gender, racial, and economic justice
- Interest in/commitment to anti-trafficking efforts and/or the field of public health
- This is a part-time position and will require between 10-15 hours weekly, including during regular business hours
- Hourly rate: $15 per hour
- This is an independent contractor position and does not offer benefits.
- Work can be done in any geographic location, with a preference for someone within the Eastern Standard, Central Standard, or Pacific Standard Time Zones.