Details: This is a part-time 24 hours per week position. Hourly compensation is $22.50 per hour
Oasis Legal Services is a small non-profit legal services organization based in Oakland, California. We proudly provide quality legal immigration services to under-represented low-income groups with a focus on LGBTQIA+ communities. Founded in May 2017, Oasis is now one of the country’s largest providers of immigration services to the LGBTQIA+ community and serves over 400 clients a year. We specialize in affirmative asylum cases as well as legal permanent residency, citizenship, and family petition applications.
We are seeking a detail-oriented and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Development Associate. The role of the development associate is to work closely with Oasis’s leadership to create, execute, and maintain our organization’s long-term development plan and goals. The primary responsibility will be managing our gift processing, and maintaining and updating our Salesforce donor database. In addition, responsibilities will include donor outreach, coordinating mailings, writing and reporting foundation grants, and donor development and fundraising events. The Development Associate will report directly to the Executive Director.
Due to office space limitations, the Development Associate should expect to work primarily from home initially, with the option of moving in-office down the line once we have a larger space. Development Associate will be expected to come in to the office for important meetings, team building exercises, and to coordinate mailings and donor thank-you packages. For this reason, the Development Associate must live within commuting distance.
- Ensure all Salesforce data entry, gift records, lists, and gift acknowledgments and other records are updated in a timely and accurate manner;
- Create fundraising reports and other reports as needed;
- Coordinate direct mail production of fundraising appeal letters;
- Conduct prospect research on potential individual, corporate, foundation and other funding sources;
- Conduct database trainings for new and existing employees (general use, job specific use, queries, etc.);
- Work with Executive Director and program staff to help write, edit and manage grant proposals and reports from foundations (private, family, and corporate);
- Manage grants calendaring process, tracking due dates of grant proposals and reports;
- Help coordinate fundraising events;
- Support the planning and coordination of Oasis’s Annual Dinner;
- Support social media outreach
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualifications and Skills
- A commitment to the LGBTQIA+ and/or immigrant community;
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, Ability to translate technical database issues for end users;
- Fluency in verbal and written Spanish is preferred
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, and to prioritize tasks;
- Extremely well-organized, detail-oriented, work well under pressure, handling multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines;
- Excellent attention to detail, organization and ability to meet deadlines;
- Experience and competence with Salesforce software;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Adobe, and PowerPoint;
- 1-2 years of nonprofit fundraising experience is preferred.
Terms & Conditions
This is a part-time 24 hours per week position. Hourly compensation is $22.50 per hour. Benefits are not included. Paid vacation, holiday and sick leave is provided on a prorated basis.
Benefits are not included. Paid vacation, holiday and sick leave is provided on a prorated basis.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in verbal and written Spanish is preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Submit via email only: 1) cover letter, 2) resume, and 3) a list of three professional references to email@example.com. Place these words in the subject line: “Development Associate.”
We strongly encourage individuals from traditionally underrepresented communities, especially the LGBTQIA+ and Latinx communities, to apply. Oasis Legal Services does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior contact with the criminal justice system, or any other basis prohibited by law.