14705 Blythe St.
Our mission is to empower the families of Blythe Street neighborhood to be self-sufficient and create their best possible future. Casa Esperanza builds community for the Blythe Street neighborhood by engaging families to become active stakeholders.
Casa Esperanza has supported and empowered 297 families to be self-sufficient and create their best possible future. 120 youth who participate in Casa Esperanza programs have resisted gang affiliation and gained skills and confidence.
The After School Coordinator position will work with the Casa Esperanza Director and other staff in the preparation and execution of all after school programs held at Casa Esperanza.
Role and Responsibilities:
- The After School Program Coordinator will assume responsibility for planning, managing and coordinating after school programs that are targeted for youth in the local area. These programs include, but are not limited to: homework help, boys/girls scouts, high school leadership development program, arts and crafts, etc.
- Complete paperwork, project summaries, data entry, and reporting for after-school programs
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings with parents and teachers, as needed
- Lead and organize youth field trips and youth events
- Facilitate selected community meetings
- All other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven experience providing support and/or programming within an after-school, nonprofit or other youth setting
- Knowledge of issues related to low-income, first generation Lantinx families
- BA degree in related field or 3 years of working with high risk and vulnerable communities and/or youth
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Google Apps
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- High level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently organize, coordinate, track and complete multiple tasks as well as adjust to changing priorities
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Commitment to Immaculate Heart Community’s mission “to build relations in society which foster access of all persons to truth, dignity, and full human development, and to strategically change practices and situations which impede such access.”
Valid California Driver’s license
Ability to stand for long periods of time
Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
Successfully complete a criminal background check
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please email your resume with a cover letter outlining your interest and qualification for the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please write “After School Program Coordinator Position, [your name]”. No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
The Immaculate Heart Community provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, partnership status, disability, genetic information, alienage, citizenship, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence/stalking/sex offenses, and unemployment status.