Group Assistant for Various KHCC After-school Programs K-12
- Job posted by Kingsbridge Heights Community Center
3101 Kingsbridge Terrace
Position: Group Assistant- Various KHCC After School Programs K-12
Reports to: Youth Director/s - Varies by site/program
Hours: 17 to 25 hours per week
KHCC is seeking Group Assistants for various of their center and school based after school programs for children K-12. Group Assistants across settings work under the supervision of Group Leaders and Program Directors. Their primary responsibility is supervising and engaging with youth participants, and supporting the youth program team in all daily activities. The essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to the duties listed in the job description below:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet youth as they arrive to the center/after school location and/or escort participants from schools to center.
- Supervise and assist participants during snack and meal times.
- Escort and/or monitor participants as they transition from one activity to the next during daily program.
- Assist participants with homework and check for accuracy
- Work alongside group leaders and/or activity specialists to coordinate theme or club based programming around literacy, recreation, STEM, and the arts
- Implement principles of positive youth development, developmentally appropriate behavioral interventions, and conflict resolution when appropriate.
- Assist in recruitment, orientation, and retention of participants
- Provide a positive, safe, fun and memorable experience to all participants and families involved in the KHCC Youth Programs
Kingsbridge Heights Community Center reserves the right to add to, delete, change or modify the job duties.
- High School diploma required
- Some experience working with children in after school program or summer camp setting preferred.
Other performance factors
- Consistently reports to work on time and ready to begin work at the start of their designated shift.
- Always provides proper notification when late or absent
- Available to work overtime when necessary. (Only non-exempt employees)
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize priorities in the organization of work flow.
- Able to perform duties independently, with minimal need of direct supervision.
- Maintains the confidentiality of participants, programs and or Kingsbridge heights Community Center.
- Reports to work well groomed and dressed appropriately for program needs.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact in a positive and helpful manner with participants, visitors, contracted staff, volunteers and co-workers.
- Reflects commitment to building a supportive work environment and maintains a positive attitude at the workplace and towards the job.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required