350 5th Avenue
FULL-TIME JOB VACANCY
Human Resources Division
New York Office
Application Deadline: March 16, 2018 11:59 PM ET
The Human Resources (“HR”) Division of Human Rights Watch (“HRW”) is seeking an administrative Associate to provide support for its global HR team. The Associate will play a critical role in assisting the HR staff with a wide variety of general functions. This New York-based position reports to the Post-Hire Senior Manager and the Senior Officer, and provides support to other members of the HR Division.
Human Rights Watch is an international human rights monitoring and advocacy organization known for its in-depth investigations, its incisive and timely reporting, its innovative and high-profile advocacy campaigns, and its success in changing the human rights-related policies and practices of influential governments and international institutions.
Human Rights Watch is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.
1. Maintain and update employee records in the Human Resources Management System (“HRMS”), electronic personnel record system and other relevant systems; Ensure that all employee data, such as changes to contributions, distributions, and other benefit election data are entered and maintained accurately;
2. Extract and analyze data from one or more sources in order to provide effective reporting;
3. Assist with the implementation and global rollout of the HRMS;
4. Monitor the online HR helpdesk and respond to it, as appropriate;
5. Assist with auditing and paying monthly invoices and bills, including global health benefits and employee insurance reimbursements;
6. Assist with processing insurance changes related to unpaid leaves, FMLA, STD & LTD requests and forms;
7. Assist with the harassment prevention training process by sending requests and tracking completions;
8. Update and track onboarding materials; introductory periods for employees, insurance materials, policies, and employee handbooks;
9. Coordinate division meetings and other organization-wide events including Open Enrollment;
10. Assist the HR team on special projects; and
11. Perform other administrative tasks as needed.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business Administration, Psychology, Communications or a related field is required.
Experience: A minimum of one year of relevant work experience is required. Experience in an international setting and strong administrative coordination skills are strongly preferred.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
1. Prior office/administration experience and strong organizational skills are required.
2. Strong computer knowledge including Windows, MS Office applications, Adobe Acrobat Professional and internet research are required. Intermediate or greater knowledge of Excel and the ability to quickly acquire new computer skills are required.
3. Ability to derive information from the database and present it in a clear and logical manner is required.
4. Excellent time-management skills and ability to prioritize tasks with minimum supervision while maintaining accuracy and a strong attention to detail is required.
5. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all level of staff within the organization are required.
6. Excellent client service and support skills are required.
7. Good judgment, analytical skills, ability to solve problems creatively, and ability to maintain confidentiality are required.
8. Strong basic mathematical skills as applicable to calculating insurance premiums and compensation are required.
9. Strong oral and written communications skills in English are required; proficiency in another language is desirable.
10. Strong generalist understanding of HR processes and data, including eligibility and enrollment rules and benefit procedures is desirable.
11. Previous experience working as a Training or HRMS Assistant is highly desirable, specifically in regards to data management, analysis and reporting.
Other: Applicants for this position must possess current US work authorization valid for a minimum of two years from start date.
Human Rights Watch is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring
practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant
Human Rights Watch is an international human rights monitoring and advocacy organization known for its in depth investigations, its incisive and timely reporting, its innovative and high-profile advocacy campaigns, and its success in changing the human rights-related policies and practices of influential governments and international institutions.
Human Rights Watch offers comprehensive employer-paid benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, an outstanding retirement savings plan and twenty (20) days of vacation per year.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Please apply immediately or by no later than March 16, 2018 at 11:59 PM ET by visiting our online job portal at https://careers.hrw.org/opportunities/show/?jobid=1556. No calls or email inquiries, please. Only complete applications will be reviewed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application submission, please email email@example.com. Due to the large response, application submissions via email will not be accepted and inquiries regarding the status of applications will go unanswered.