80 Main Street
The Jewish Foundation for the Righteous (JFR), an international Holocaust organization, provides monthly support to aged and needy non-Jews who risked their lives to save Jews during the Holocaust. The JFR is seeking a Program Associate who will work across departments - development, education, and rescuer support. This is a full-time position.
The Program Associate will assume a broad portfolio of responsibilities, including:
- managing the Foundation’s donor, education and rescuer databases – which will also include data entry as an integral part of the position;
- assisting with the annual New York dinner or other annual event;
- assisting with the direct mail campaign;
- researching grants and writing grant proposals;
- assisting with the Foundation's e-newsletters; and
- assisting with the Foundation’s Bar/Bat Mitzvah program.
The Program Associate will assist the Director of Development and the Executive Vice President in planning and implementing an integrated development program, which will expand both the base of support for the Foundation as well as generate awareness of the Foundation. The Program Associate will work with teachers, local community groups, synagogues, and other Jewish communal organizations on a national basis.
When working on development activities, the Program Associate will report to the Director of Development. For other activities, the Program Associate will report to the Executive Vice President.
The individual must:
- have at least one year of demonstrated success in a full-time position after college graduation preferably in a non-profit organization;
- have knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or other relational database;
- have proficiency in Microsoft Word and have knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint;
- be creative and have excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills;
- have a desire to work in the Jewish communal world and be knowledgeable about the Jewish community;
- be able to work cooperatively and comfortably with all levels of contacts
- be able to work independently;
- have the ability to make presentations on the JFR to community groups;
- have the ability to manage multiple tasks and to work well under pressure;
- be able to travel - travel can include Saturdays and Sundays; and
- possess a bachelor’s degree.
If you are not available to start work by October 1, 2018, please do not apply. Must be a U.S. citizen.
Health Insurance; Vacation; Sick Days; Life Insurance; Disability Insurance
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit the following:
- Cover Letter – include salary history
- Two Page Writing Sample
If any of these elements are missing from your application, your application will not be considered.
Please do not call the office.
The Jewish Foundation for the Righteous
80 Main Street, Suite 380
West Orange, NJ 07052