1501 M Street NW
The Education Coordinator, reporting to the Deputy Director, Education Program Development, will assist the education content staff in coordinating details associated with live and online education events. In addition to administrative duties, the coordinator must have a clear vision of all department programs and be a self-starter with an ability to identify opportunities and improvements.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
· Set up and maintain education management systems (A2Z) for each event, including the abstract submissions, review center, and presenter center as well as maintain speaker and session details
· Update and draft speaker invitations, confirmations, and various communication templates
· Schedule session calls with presenters and staff. Conduct phone and email outreach to potential and confirmed speakers as directed by AWEA staff
· Add and update information on our CMS websites for upcoming events
· Set up webinars in learning management system and AMS system, respond to webinar questions and log-in issues, and assist with implementation of webinars
· Draft title and speaker slides in PowerPoint, compiling presentations and session slideshows
· Update planning and onsite documents, run of show, education schedule, and moderator scripts. Add session polls to Slido
· Assist with post-event presentation sales including editing raw audio files if needed, organizing files, setting up products in AMS system and coordinating with marketing staff when available for sale
· Prepare LCD projectors, laptops and other education-related items for all event shipments
· Coordinate the process of applying for CLEs for relevant sessions
· Oversee the event volunteer process including fielding inquiries by potential volunteers, coordinating needs within the staff, and acting as the primary contact for all event volunteer positions
· Manage the education email inbox and responding to general inquiries with input from AWEA staff
· Assist with other administrative projects for Education & Member Experience team
· Periodic travel to events may be necessary to support 2-3 conferences a year that last anywhere from approximately 2 days to 1 week, which may include some weekend and evening travel.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Excellent communication and customer service skills necessary as this position will frequently interact with members and speakers.
· Extremely organized and detail-oriented with excellent time management skills. Ability to prioritize projects assigned by variety of staff and adhere to deadlines.
· An expert with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of A2Z, AMS systems, webinar platforms a plus.
· Strong teamwork skills to collaborate with a broad range of association staff.
· Passion for renewable energy a must!
Education and/or Experience
AWEA is seeking applicants whom reflect and understand our core values: We HEART Wind Energy, The Truth Prevails, Together We Succeed, and Ahead of the Curve. Qualified applicants may possess any combination of education and experience enabling them to successfully perform the responsibilities of the position. Qualifications are: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Seeking candidates with a combination of two – four professional years’ (internships and other educational experience will be considered).
To apply: Send how you heard about this job, cover letter, salary requirement, start date availability, and resume to MembershipJobs@awea.org (use “[Your Name]-Education Coordinator” in subject line) or mail to AWEA, 1501 M Street NW, Suite 900, Washington, DC 20005; Attention: Human Resources.
AWEA is Metro accessible and provides a generous benefit package. To learn more visit www.awea.org.
AWEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required