DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Saint Ann’s School, an independent, non-sectarian day school enrolling 1,100 students in pre-kindergarten through high school, seeks a dynamic and energetic Director of Human Resources to lead its Human Resources team. The Director of Human Resources develops policy and directs and coordinates human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, employee relations, benefits, and employee services. The Director carries out this work in a way that advances the school’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Director of Human Resources is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Chief Financial Officer.
ABOUT SAINT ANN’S SCHOOL
Since its founding in 1965, Saint Ann’s has embraced a commitment to education for its own sake, oriented to the capacities of each individual student, free of the encumbrances of formal grading, prizes, and rankings. At the same time, we are unabashedly committed to excellence in all that we do. With a faculty and staff numbering more than 350 and over 1100 students, Saint Ann’s is among the largest and most sought-after independent schools in New York City. Occupying space in seven separate buildings clustered in Brooklyn Heights, Saint Ann’s draws most of its students from nearby Brooklyn neighborhoods as well as Manhattan. Known for its commitment to an education that brings together passionate and talented teachers with gifted and motivated students, Saint Ann’s has earned an outstanding reputation in academic disciplines and the arts.
● Provides leadership and supervision in the day-to-day operation of the Human Resources Office. Creates and maintains a high-performance environment characterized by positive leadership and strong team orientation. Strong emphasis on mentoring and developing the capabilities of the team.
● Support the development of long-term strategic goals for hiring and benefits in support of the school’s 10-year plan.
● Oversee effective compliance with applicable employment regulations. Maintain secure and confidential human-resource-related files and records.
● Oversee the development and maintenance of the school’s personnel policies and procedures, employee handbook, personnel forms, and recommend changes to school administration.
● Oversee the administration of employee benefits and ensure effective and timely communication.
● Coordinate salary changes and oversees correct FLSA classification of jobs. Prepare and maintain accurate job descriptions.
● Support departments throughout the recruitment cycle. Provide training for department heads and team leaders on various HR topics including interviewing skills, performance reviews, and employee coaching.
● Consult with administrators and employees to resolve personnel issues. Consult with legal counsel, as necessary, to minimize potential liability. Prepare reports and internal communication.
● Work with Technology to integrate and implement an HR database for salary, benefits, and leave tracking
● Oversee the School’s professional development program
● Bachelor’s degree required. Masters degree preferred.
● SHRM-SCP or SPHR certification is strongly preferred.
● At least ten years of human resource experience in a senior role required. Extensive knowledge of human resource principles, procedures, and practices. Knowledge of local and national labor law.
● Ability to effectively deal with multiple priorities, functions, and activities.
● Demonstrated skill in using MS Office, especially Excel, and software required for all benefits management.
A competitive compensation package, commensurate with the level of experience, plus benefits.
A brief cover letter and resume should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates who
identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY
The School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, marital status, disability, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation in carrying on its educational activities or in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, employment policies, financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Saint Ann’s School, an independent, non-sectarian day school enrolling 1,100 students in pre-kindergarten through high school, seeks a dynamic and energetic Director of Human Resources…