Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Grant Director
Status: Part-Time, Temporary
Location: Houston, Texas
The following position description identifies the major responsibilities of this job. It does not include all aspects of the position such as the potential additional duties assigned by supervisors and the requirement for flexibility in helping others for National VOAD’s overall benefit.
National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD) is a non-profit organization based in Virginia that provides a forum where disaster response organizations can share knowledge and resources throughout the disaster cycle—preparation, response, and recovery—to help disaster survivors and their communities in the United States and its territories. Member organizations include national members as well as state and local VOADs. Our work is conducted based on the four Cs—Communication, Coordination, Cooperation, and Collaboration among the member organizations.
The Program Assistant is responsible for the administration and support of National VOAD’s Disaster Case Management Project (DCMP), including, digital file management, internal communications, support of the project management leadership, and meeting support. The function of this position is to provide an administrative support system and clear communications to all program partners/stakeholders. This is a 20 hour per week position hired by and directly accountable to the Texas DCMP Grant Director. This is a grant funded position expected to end August 31, 2019, based in the Houston, Texas area.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Meeting preparation: Responsible for scheduling, note taking, preparing documents, logistics, and communications
* Tracking of expenses and reimbursements
* Managing contact lists
* Managing all program email accounts
* Support project communications staff
* Create document archive system
* Ongoing management of cloud based file sharing system and real time document updates
* Minimum of Associates Degree/BA preferred and 2 years of experience in area related to office administrative or program support (a plus)
* Prior work experience in disaster relief industry or a non-profit organization a plus
* Excellent skills in the areas of organization, attention to detail, time management, ability to manage multiple tasks, define and set priorities and problem solve are required
* Very strong ability to think ahead, take personal initiative, work both independently and as a team member, collaborate and coordinate with others
* Excellent writing and grammar skills and general communications abilities written and verbal are required
* Exhibits flexibility and can-do attitude
* Excellent skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and WordPress (a plus)
Minimum Education Required