Jewish Vocational Service (JVS), a non-profit workforce development organization, is seeking an experienced Instructor and Career Coach for its English for Advancement program.
These are 2 positions:
- An off-site, part-time position located in Lowell, MA.
- A Full-time position for an Instructor and Career Coach in Lawrence, MA.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Manager of Workplace Education, the Instructor develops and modifies contextualized curriculum and daily lesson plans for academic and/or job skill training programs, delivers training to participants, evaluates progress and skill attainment of individual participants on a scheduled basis, tracks outcomes, creates documents for submission to Manager and attends strategic team meetings both in the Business Services department as well as agency wide meetings. The Instructor works collaboratively with each member of the Business Services team to assist students in obtaining the skills needed to successfully do their current jobs, as well as to upgrade their skills in order to move up in their career.
The ideal candidate will have:
• BS/BA in Education or related field, TESOL Certificate and/or Masters preferred
• 2-3 years of workplace or related training/teaching experience preferred
• Knowledge of adult learning theory
• Ability to work with a diverse group of clients
• Presentation and facilitation skills
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
Please submit your job application form at:
- For part-time Instructor: https://www.jvs-boston.org/jobs/instructor/
- For full-time Instructor and Career Coach: https://www.jvs-boston.org/jobs/instructor-career-coach/
JVS is an employment at-will organization and an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, JVS prohibits retaliation against an applicant or employee because he or she has engaged in protected activity under the statutes prohibiting discrimination in the workplace.
JVS BENEFITS: If you work at JVS for 20 hour or more per week, you will qualify for medical and dental insurance, 403(b), short and long term disability and life insurance plans.
JVS CULTURE: At JVS, we are strongly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities. By providing and supporting a work culture that fosters and builds upon diversity and its strengths, JVS will better serve our local communities and continue to provide quality services.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your application through our website link