District of Columbia
Reports to: Digital Manager
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time; Exempt
About the position:
The Digital Content Associate will work with the rest of the Hub Digital team to develop and execute compelling digital campaigns. They will craft, optimize, and deploy content for the Hub and partner digital channels, including email and social media programs.We’re looking for someone who is obsessed with following the latest digital trends and tracking online campaign performance, is a great writer, and has excellent attention to the details.We’re a fast-moving place that’s always ready to jump into the next fight, so the right person for the job is not afraid of taking on new opportunities to move people to action and quickly responding to an ever-changing news cycle.
As Digital Content Associate, you’ll:
- Work with the rest of the Hub Digital team to design and execute successful digital campaigns across multiple platforms, including quickly mobilizing around rapid response moments
- Write compelling social media, email, and web copy for various campaigns and projects
- Manage Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and other social media accounts for partners and internally-run campaigns
- Cover live events on social media, including live tweeting, live streaming, and gathering and sharing stories from members of the audience during organizing moments
- Update our campaign websites with the latest and most relevant actions and information
- Brainstorm tactics, creative, and campaigns around progressive issues
- Keep a pulse on the latest trends and best practices for digital and integrate them into our online organizing efforts
- Design and maintain digital reports for our campaigns and use that data to make recommendations on how to adjust our strategy
- Perform other duties as assigned
- You’re an excellent writer who loves experimenting with tone, voice, and personality in your content
- You’re flexible, organized, and live for the details
- You have experience managing and growing social media channels
- You’re passionate about following the latest digital trends, tracking online campaign performance, and using your analytical brain to make content perform better
- You’ve got a sense of humor and are comfortable taking on evolving responsibilities
- You’re willing to travel as needed to cover events
In addition, it would be a bonus if:
- You’ve used Blue State Digital or other email marketing platforms; social media tools like Tweetdeck and Crimson Hexagon; WordPress or other content management systems; or Google Analytics
- You’re comfortable working with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, or other graphic design tools
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a growing team of communicators, researchers, and organizers with experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics.We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups to build creative and effective campaigns.
New Venture Fund Careers:
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential.The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
E-mail your resume and cover letter as PDF or Word attachments to: email@example.com. Please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line.This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.