Details: Starting salary $45K or commensurate with experience
2991 Shattuck Avenue
Do you have a passion for global education and international exchange? Are you looking to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with talented people who share a global vision?
Global Glimpse is a visionary nonprofit that inspires America’s next generation to become responsible global citizens through after school workshops and 15-day immersion programs in Latin America. Started in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2007, Global Glimpse has grown to partner with 65 high schools and serve 1,000 students annually across the Bay Area, Chicago, New York, and Western Massachusetts. We run programs in 15 international sites across Nicaragua, the Dominican Republic, and Ecuador. Through a sliding fee model, Global Glimpse works to make experiential global education accessible to students from all socioeconomic backgrounds; the majority of our students come from low-income families and underserved communities. Our mission is to give all youth an opportunity to gain a broader perspective of the world and develop the motivation, skills, and confidence to tackle challenges in their local and global communities.
Learn more at www.globalglimpse.org
Global Glimpse is seeking a motivated, passionate, and ambitious Development Associate to join our dynamic fundraising and development team. The Development Associate will support our individual and business contribution generation and management, grants management, and development operations. This position will work closely with our Executive Director and Corporate & Community Engagement Manager, and collaboratively with members of the programs team to help meet the organization’s ambitious fundraising and growth goals. This is a full-time position based in Global Glimpse’s Berkeley, CA headquarters and an opportunity for an ambitious and creative individual to get hands-on experience in a fast-paced, highly successful, growing international non-profit organization.
● Foundation Grants
○ Research prospective foundation and institutional funding opportunities to develop and expand a strong grant pipeline
○ Support the full lifecycle of grants and institutional funders, including but not limited to, drafting funder updates, tracking deadlines, writing and submitting letters of intent, proposals, and reports, and pulling data for reporting purposes
○ Create and maintain an up-to-date grant kit with language and materials to support grant proposals across all Global Glimpse U.S. and international program regions
● Individual Donors
○ Research and support Executive Director to source new potential donors, maintain a comprehensive list of individuals for the Executive Director to develop and cultivate
○ Support Executive Director to design and implement fundraising campaigns and steward all current donors
○ Write thank you cards to donors & supporters and prepare thank you letters/gifts for major donors
○ Track donor metrics quarterly and annually, help develop strong donor engagement strategies to drive a high percentage of repeat donors
○ Support with tracking all give-gets for regional Rising Leaders Councils, Global Leadership Council, and national Board of Directors in order to update constituents in a timely manner
● Fundraising Operations
○ Ensure donors and funders are accurately listed in all collateral, organizational material, and on the website
○ Maintain accurate and up-to-date donor database and records in Salesforce, including donation tracking and reporting and pulling lists for mailings
○ Generate all reports, queries, and data analyses to track fundraising efforts against organizational goals
○ Process donations and gift acknowledgement letters accurately and in a timely manner and assist with fulfillment of donor and sponsor benefits
○ Support with year-end fundraising and annual fundraising and appreciation campaigns through mailings, donor recognition, and drafting campaign correspondence
○ Support with major fundraising events; including but not limited to managing ticket sales, highlighting sponsors, day-of-logistics, and post-event follow-up
○ Maintain and support Global Glimpse’s presence on third party fundraising platforms such as Razoo and Crowdrise
● 1+ years of work experience with demonstrated success in fundraising
● Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant fields
● Passion for international education and youth development
● Excellent writing, communication, and strong research skills
● High level of professionalism
● Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to work under time constraints and meet deadlines
● Self-starter, strong work ethic, results-oriented and deadline driven
● Team player, ability to motivate a team to engage in and support fundraising
● Skilled in Google Apps, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
● Experience with Salesforce or similar donor database
Reports to: Corporate and Community Engagement Manager
Location: Berkeley, CA
Start Date: June 2018
Deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Health benefits, Unlimited PTO, cellphone reimbursement & professional development.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter detailing your reasons for wanting to work for Global Glimpse and qualifications for the position to email@example.com. Please have “Development Associate – Your Name” in the subject line of the email. In your cover letter, please provide 3 references. They will not be contacted until you have gone through a final interview. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.