The Director of Public Policy will work collaboratively with the communications, evaluation and learning, and program teams to achieve the Foundation’s goals by working in partnership with grantee and other partner organizations, supporting convenings, and applying influence and undertaking strategic communications in the following strategy areas: student-centric practices, leadership, and finance and affordability. For more information on our strategy and programmatic initiatives, visit https://collegefutures.org/our-strategy/strategy/.
Responsible for directing the development and implementation of the foundation's nascent public policy initiatives. Develops strategic and operational plans to advance policies at state and institutional levels. Develops and executes plans to communicate with and engage policymakers through direct outreach, testimony and briefings. Directs and evaluates research and analyses supporting the foundation's position on policy issues. Typically has a minimum of 5 years of direct experience. Typically requires Master's Degree in applicable discipline.
The Director of Public Policy will work closely with the President and CEO, Chief Program and Strategy Officer, and the Director of Communications to develop and frame policy work supporting the Foundation’s strategy.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Working collaboratively with the Foundation’s President and CEO, lead the development of a College Futures public policy agenda.
· Develop policy recommendations on our core issue areas that promise to increase BA completion and close completion and achievement gaps.
· Develop and execute strategy for accomplishing the organization’s short- and long-term advocacy goals including engagement and oversight of statewide grantees.
· Supervise and support the policy research consultants and manage related contracts.
· Work collaboratively with the President and CEO, Strategy, Program and Communications teams to monitor and coordinate responses to public or institutional policies relevant to our mission.
· Serve as a spokesperson on policy issues as appropriate.
· Represent the Foundation with policy related constituents, including to the Legislature, policy and advocacy organizations, education groups, and conferences.
· Participates in foundation program strategy development.
The Director of Public Policy will work collaboratively with the communications, evaluation and learning, and program teams to achieve the Foundation’s goals by working in partnership with grantee and other partner organizations…
This is a full-time position located in Oakland, California, with in-state travel required. This permanent, full-time position offers competitive compensation and excellent health, commuter, and retirement benefits.
This is a full-time position located in Oakland, California, with in-state travel required. This permanent, full-time position offers competitive compensation and excellent…
Please submit application materials—a cover letter and resume—via email to email@example.com. Preferred subject line: “Application: Director of Public Policy.” No…