10 Davol Square
Date Posted: September 11, 2018
Anticipated Start Date: October 1, 2018 or ASAP
SALARY LEVEL/RANGE: $15-$18/hour plus unlimited paid time off
STATUS: Part-Time; 20-25 hours/week
LOCATION: Providence, RI
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
The Center for Sexual Pleasure and Health (CSPH) is an organization based in Providence, RI dedicated to providing culturally inclusive, medically accurate, and pleasure informed sexuality education, therapy, and professional training. We are seeking a part-time Program and Marketing Coordinator to join our small (but mighty!) team to oversee the marketing and logistics of our programs, and administrate the CSPH’s engagement with online communities.
The Program and Marketing Coordinator will be motivated, organized, and detail-oriented, as well as possess strong communications skills (both oral and written) and be fluent in social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Mail Chimp, etc.). This individual will demonstrate a strong understanding and respect for the CSPH’s organizational values: culturally inclusive, sex-positive, feminist, pro-LGBTQIA rights, pro-reproductive justice, pro-choice, pro-sex worker rights, body positive, kink/BDSM-friendly, anti-racist, anti-ableist, and pro-economic justice.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop new and maintain existing relationships with community partners, program participants, and program facilitators
- Manage all aspects of the CSPH’s nationwide college workshop program, including: booking & contracting; arranging travel & coordinating logistics; corresponding with the education team; and ensuring content & teaching materials are up-to-date
- Provide administrative support for the twice annual three-day intensive professional training, including: launching registration; ensuring the website reflects the current program; and marketing the training within professional networks
- Field requests for professional trainings
- Work with the CE Coordinator to ensure that relevant professional trainings, workshops, and webinars meet the requirements for AASECT and ACE CEs and to distribute CE certificates to program participants
- Oversee the marketing and logistics for the CSPH’s individual and group therapy programs
- Coordinate the CSPH’s social media presence on all platforms, including primarily Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, as well as others such as Tumblr and LinkedIn
- Design marketing plans and content calendars for CSPH events, programs, services, and fundraising campaigns, and carry them out via email marketing and social media outreach
- Maintain contracted relationships with organizational partners, and provide targeted marketing for their products/services via email marketing and social media outreach
- Responsible for identifying values-aligned organizations for new organizational partnerships
- Create engaging social media content
- Assist in drafting and general distribution of press releases and media alerts
- Provide marketing support at CSPH events
- Assist with managing and updating the CSPH website (WordPress)
- Gather statistical information related to social media metrics, and communicate them to CSPH staff members and organizational partners in an accurate and timely manner.
- Create graphics for CSPH programming using Canva and Adobe InDesign
- Provide graphics and social media assistance for the CSPH
- Prepare reports as requested
- Attend weekly staff meetings and other meetings as requested
- When possible, attend sexuality-related conferences (NSEC, Woodhull, etc.) to engage with other organizations doing similar work
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Broad and deep knowledge of the field of sexuality preferred, whether obtained through formal education or direct work experience
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Self-motivated, self-reliant, dependable
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort negotiating payment, drawing up contracts, and creating invoices
- Conduct work and professional partnerships according to the CSPH’s stated values
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS in marketing, communications, education, health, gender studies, or a related field is helpful, but not required
- Previous experience working in sexual health education or advocacy preferred
- Experience with Google Drive, Gmail, and Slack preferred
- Experience working with Google Suite, Canva, Later, Buffer, Hootsuite, and Tweetdeck preferred
- Experience working with Canva and Adobe InDesign preferred
- Previous experience managing social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and others) for a professional entity or organization strongly preferred
- Ability to lift at least 25lbs
- Ability to be present at CSPH community events
- Drivers license and access to a car strongly preferred
unlimited paid time off
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants should submit the following documents in .PDF format via email with the subject line “[Your Name] Program & Marketing Application” to HR @ theCSPH.org :
- Cover letter
Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Posting closes on: 28 September 2018. Screening of candidates will start immediately. Early applications are encouraged.
The CSPH is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage women, people of color, persons with disabilities, people with records of arrest or conviction, veterans, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.