Data Specialist, Richmond Hill, Queens (Part-Time Position)
South Asian Youth Action (SAYA)
South Asian Youth Action (SAYA) is committed to providing its employees opportunities for growth in a supportive community environment. As an Activity Specialist, you will receive access to external opportunities and have considerable autonomy in designing and implementing new projects and curricula. With a school-day schedule and a generous benefits package, SAYA provides its employees a healthy work-life balance in a fast-growing youth development nonprofit.
SAYA: Belong. Grow. Thrive.
South Asian Youth Action (SAYA) is a 501(c)3 organization for New York City youth ranging in age from first graders to college students. SAYA is South Asian-focused, inclusive and committed to connecting young people from all backgrounds to opportunities. Our mission is to foster a strong sense of belonging in youth and provide them with tools to thrive academically, professionally and personally. Many of our participants are first- or second-generation immigrants and face challenges that can hinder their chances to be academically successful, graduate high school and go to college. SAYA provides an accessible, safe and culturally affirming space for all youth and offers mentorship beyond the classroom so they confidently grow into engaged community members ready for college, career and personal success. Established in 1996, SAYA has grown into a $4.3 million organization currently running programs at nine NYC schools and our community center in Elmhurst, Queens
NYC Community Schools Initiative
The NYC Community Schools Initiative is aimed at bridging students, families, and communities with comprehensive social, emotional, and academic support to achieve successful student outcomes. At Richmond Hill High School (RHHS), these desired outcomes include: increased attendance and student engagement; greater connectedness to adults and peers; development of social and emotional skills; greater access to mental health resources; improved academic performance; improved school culture and climate; increased family engagement; and greater collaboration among community partners and school administration.
At Richmond Hill High School (RHHS), the Data Specialist will provide support to the Community School Director. They will be responsible for collecting, entering, tracking, and assessing program data. The Data Specialist will also be responsible for developing protocols in collaboration with the Community School Director to ensure quality review of data and other documentation. The Data Specialist will collaborate with SAYA and school staff to advance the goals of NYC’s Community School Initiative at RHHS.
Reports to: Community School Director
Compensation: Starting at $20 an hour, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Schedules are flexible depending on employee’s availability.
- Perform all necessary activities related to data entry, extraction and reporting for community school requirements, including but not limited to verification and extraction of student attendance/participation in school day, afterschool, and weekend programming
- Enter & track application forms for all participants
- Assist with development and implementation of data tracking system & routine program reports
- Support pre- and post-testing of Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) survey instrument
- Monitor student outcomes and follow up on student progress on multiple benchmarks
- Enter, extract and analyze data from multiple stakeholder databases (Skedula, MS Access/Excel, Google Spreadsheet, Apricot)
- Maintain confidential files and records such as student and family information
- Serve as a liaison between Community School Director, Program Managers, and After-School Instructors to ensure accurate, thorough, and effective collection and use of data
- Provide periodic support to programs and events as needed
- Other duties as assigned by Community School Director
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least two years’ experience in data entry and/or analysis, preferably using web-based databases and software (ex. Apricot, Salesforce, DOE and DYCD databases, SPSS), or equivalent combination of education and training
- Excellent proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Outlook and Google Drive
- Self-directed, flexible, and ability to follow-up without being prompted
- Superior organizational, administrative, analytical and computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written format with multiple stakeholders
- Possesses technical aptitude necessary to quickly learn and manage multiple databases
- High standards of accuracy and integrity for data entry and record keeping
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Experience with data entry and analysis in education/youth settings helpful, but not required
SAYA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required