Senior Learning Specialist (Math Instructor) P/T
- Job posted by NY Early Childhood Professional Development Institute
16 Court Street
The New York Early Childhood Professional Development Institute is a fast-paced, dynamic public/private partnership that exists to drive the excellence of services designed for young children through research, policy, and
Through the Pre-K Teacher Preparation Project, the Institute partners with the Department of Education’s Office of Early Childhood Education to support current and aspiring Pre-K teachers to earn NYS teacher certification.
We are searching for a Senior Learning Specialist with a specialization in math. S/he will be responsible for leading a team of tutors in the support of individuals to master the math competencies necessary to successfully pass the
New York State teacher certification exams which include:
- Numbers & Operations;
- Ratios Proportions, and Number Systems;
- Algebra, Measurement Geometry & Data;
- Mathematics Instructions; and
- Analysis, Synthesis & Application (Constructed Response)
- The ideal candidate will have a wide range of experience providing support for individuals taking standardized exams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Career Development, the Senior Learning Specialist will:
- Collaborate in the design, implementation and coordination of academic supports for aspiring teachers specifically related to the math section of the NYS teacher certification exams
- Analyze student baseline competency and academic growth throughout their participation in the program
- Provide support, direction, mentorship and feedback to tutors as they work with participants to achieve content mastery
- Provide dynamic and collaborative direction to the development and piloting of new supports as they become appropriate for inclusion in the project’s work.
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Director
Approximately 10 hours per week; $65/hr.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume via the Research Foundation website at:
THE RESEARCH FOUNDATION OF THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/ AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT E-VERIFY EMPLOYER