ANNOUNCEMENT OF OPEN POSITION IN MEMPHIS
POSITION: Memphis Operations Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Memphis City Director
LOCATION: Memphis, Tennessee
Your role stands at the intersection of providing administrative support to our Tennessee affiliate and the fight to change the odds for underserved children and families. As a key member of Stand’s Memphis team at a moment of tremendous need and opportunity, you support the affiliate in their efforts to build on the progress to date to improve outcomes for students. The Memphis Operations Coordinator is responsible for providing executive support, coordinating all operations, and office management systems in the Memphis office, as well as assisting in event and project management. This individual will play a key role in planning and supporting impactful campaigns. Through your proactive organized approach to the role, you get the opportunity to work with colleagues who not only care deeply about justice and equity, but who are bold and strategic and take responsibility for achieving substantial progress toward our mission every year.
Stand is a non-profit education advocacy organization focused on ensuring all students receive a high quality, relevant education, especially those whose boundless potential is overlooked and under-tapped because of their skin color, zip code, first language, or disability.
· Director Support
o Maintaining the City Director’s schedule, including coordinating team calendars, scheduling staff meetings, and scheduling meetings and phone calls with coalition partners and other leaders and stakeholders as needed;
o Supporting the City Director’s fundraising efforts, such as processing and acknowledging gifts within 24 hours of receipt and/or managing gift processing for large fundraising events;
o Gathering and distributing materials to send in advance of coalition or partner meetings;
o Coordinating weekly team meetings, briefing sessions, and team calendars;
o Processing expense receipts, mileage reports and timesheets;
o Providing support to make sure team timesheets and expenses are submitted and approved according to policy and deadlines;
o Providing other research, project, and/or administrative support as needed;
· Operations and Office Management
o Creating, implementing and managing office systems;
o Providing responsive customer service to members and the public by greeting visitors, answering phones, and managing general inquiry e-mail account;
o Managing shared calendars, phone lines, conference spaces, and staff meetings;
o Coordinating all office purchasing and office supplies, ensuring office purchasing for supplies and promotional materials falls within budget parameters;
o Managing relationships with all vendors, such as printers, designers, and other outside sources, ensuring all contracts and expenses fall within budget parameters;
o Ensuring a full stock of Stand for Children packets and other materials in the office to support organizing and program staff;
o Managing all technology systems at the local level, including copier, phone system, and database; working with off-site, internal technology staff to coordinate equipment and troubleshooting; acting as liaison between internal and external technology staff if and when necessary;
o Acting as a liaison to the Shared Services teams regarding financial and operational procedures;
o Liaising with the Talent Team and other relevant Shared Services teams to conduct orientations for all new staff on office policies and procedures; managing office layout and resources;
o Booking travel for various meetings, conferences, and retreats;
o Overseeing office culture and team-building activities;
· Project Management Support
o Supporting Memphis team in activities as needed and defined by the City Director, including, but not limited to, meetings and events, fundraising event support, and member summit support;
o Coordinating logistics and managing volunteers for various membership, fundraising or legislative events;
o Assisting the team in planning and providing logistical support for canvassing, phone banking, lobbying, or other activities on behalf of our legislative priorities;
o Working with the City Director to determine special projects and/or research needs.
· Passionate and unwavering belief in Stand for Children’s mission and strategy to ensure that all children, regardless of their background, graduate from high school prepared for and with access to college or career training;
· Minimum of 3 years of professional administrative/executive support experience;
· Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word; high comfort level with technology;
· Exceptional organizational and project management skills, keen attention to detail, customer-service orientation, and proactive problem-solving skills;
· Ability to gracefully manage multiple tasks and projects under deadline;
· Ability to be flexible and agile in a fast-paced work environment;
· Ability to follow through on commitments to others and accept and incorporate direct feedback;
· Strong aptitude and desire to implement and manage office operations and systems, identifying inefficiencies and implementing system improvements as needed;
· High comfort level with rolling out new information or systems to team and helping in trouble-shooting and adoption process;
· Strong writing skills; clear, direct, and respectful communication skills;
· Ability to transport items (less than 10 pounds); ability to be stationary for extended periods of time; may require the ability to climb stairs.
Stand for Children consists of two separate entities. Stand for Children, Inc., a grassroots membership organization is exempt under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code, and Stand for Children Leadership Center, a leadership development organization is exempt under section 501(c)(3)
Stand for Children and Stand for Children Leadership Center are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. We are committed to a diverse and culturally inclusive workplace in which our differences broaden our awareness, enrich our daily experiences and contribute to our collective strength. People of color, members of underrepresented ethnic or socioeconomic populations and bilingual/multi-lingual speakers are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application and upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter at http://stand.org/careers. No calls please.
To learn more about Stand – Tennessee, please visit www.stand.org/tn.
Minimum Education Required