Nationally recognized nonprofit venture philanthropy seeks an Associate Partner to coach and support a large portfolio of ventures who are planning and launching the next generation of innovative new schools.
NewSchools Venture Fund is a national nonprofit that supports and invests in promising and innovative education entrepreneurs and leaders and helps them accomplish their missions to achieve outstanding results for the schools, students and educators they serve. We are committed to helping students graduate high school prepared and inspired to achieve their most ambitious dreams and plans. Through our investing, management assistance, network building, and thought leadership, NewSchools helps to reimagine PreK-12 education.
We have a passionate, inclusive, bold, accountable, and connected culture where employees at all levels have the opportunity to grow and contribute. Please visit our website at www.newschools.org to learn more about NewSchools Venture Fund and our core values.
The Innovative Schools team seeks an Associate Partner to join a fun, passionate and dedicated group of people. You will be a critical member of the team, focused on providing strategic advice and support to a national portfolio of innovative new schools. You will be based in our office in Oakland, CA, and report to the Managing Partner of Innovative Schools.
To learn more about our work, please review:
- Strategy overview: www.newschools.org/about-us/investment-areas/innovative-schools/
- Description of our Invent program, through which we invest in innovative new schools: www.newschools.org/invent/
Your legacy at NewSchools will include:
1. A strong portfolio of innovative new schools that help students succeed within an expanded definition of success, with your coaching and support. You'll have the opportunity to:
- Support a portfolio of approximately 20-30 leaders working to plan and launch new schools, who have a wide range of skills and needs
- Conduct a thorough needs assessment for all new ventures and develop customized management assistance approaches to support the success of each venture
- Execute our management assistance approach by providing advice on a range of topics, such as instructional approaches, innovative school models, student enrollment, DEI, and hiring
- Put your own experience to work to coach school leaders to high performance
- Partner with outside experts to provide targeted support that is tailored to our ventures’ individual needs
- Lead cycles of inquiry that produce continuous improvement towards a collective goal
2. An enhanced management assistance strategy and work that increased the field’s understanding of emerging school models. You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Analyze the lessons from our efforts, including our annual venture satisfaction survey, the impact of our ventures, and the evolution of our pipeline, to refine our approach to management assistance
- Use the lessons from the portfolio as opportunities for NewSchools to advance the field’s understanding of new school models, including producing public facing content to communicate what we are learning and representing NewSchools at conferences and events
3. A contribution to the diligence process for prospective ventures. You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Conduct due diligence on prospective ventures’ ideas, leadership and launch plans to make investment decisions
- Document decisions in investment memos and share rationale with key stakeholders
- Create grant letters, coordinate documentation and ensure payment to ventures
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Deep understanding of the challenges and best practices in launching new schools, based on direct experience
- Passion for innovation and excellence in public education
- Experience in leadership development, specifically as a coach to education leaders
- Personal presence necessary to effectively support and influence our ventures
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, owning high-priority tasks and projects with minimal guidance and support
- Ability to travel up to 25% for school visits, convenings and occasional conferences
- Working style suited to a small-office setting with limited support staff, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in PreK-12 education, including at least 5 years in schools, with progressive levels of leadership responsibility
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, performance bonus, professional development, and complete benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
NewSchools Venture Fund has a strong commitment to diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Please navigate to https://newschools.applytojob.com/apply/7Er2otIS5V/Associate-Partner-Relationships-Innovative-Schools